ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ****JIM E QUARLES*****

Registered Member

Default Re: ****JIM E QUARLES*****

This is what I have read from his forum posted by his son nathan.

Hello, my name is Nathan and I'm Jim's son. I am sorry to report Jim passed away this afternoon. We all thought Jim was going to recover, but he had some ups and downs over this last week. Yesterday, some internal organs started to fail and the outlook was poor. It became apparent that Jim would not survive and we made the difficult decision to turn off the respirator. He then passed peacefully with his family present.

Nathan Quarles

My condolences to his family.

Im speachless.....he always rubbed me the wrong way...but my heart just sank.....the discus community will have large void for a long...long time....
    Condolences to the Quarles family......

Tony

paul_burney

Yes it is true i spoke to Nathan in chat on ICQ and Jim passed away this afternoon. He will be sadley missed by all who knew him.
    Paul Burney

I don't know what to say. ....  He was someone I always thought  would be around forever.  This is a very sad day  for  many of us.   We lost a friend  today.

-al

Don_Lee

This leaves my heart heavy.  I am so very sorry for the Quarles family.  
    I think we as a discus loving community need to find a way to pool something together to send to his family, to show how much he was appreciated and how important he was to the Discus community.  Let's all think about this and come up with some ideas.
    :'(

Don

Don,

I think you're right. I'm with you on that. This is so terrible. I saw the "New" icon next to this thread and got a sinking feeling that something was terribly wrong. I don't know what else to say. The Quarles family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ryan

Registered Member

Hi all,
    I am sad at the news about Jim.   :'(
    I had the lucky opportunity to spend some time with him one day last July chatting at his house about fish and life in general. He was a very knowledgable man and had a good heart. I think he just presented the "facade" of being tough on the boards for fun!  I will miss him and his great stories!   I wish his family well and hope they will all understand that he will be missed by all his fish friends!

Steve

I was at the another forum and found out about Mr Quarles. Ok, looks like I am really dumbfounded reading all the replies by everyone!  :-X

Yup, it would be a long time till we get back to norm again!

I would like to send out my deepest condolences to the Quarles family! Be strong!

Sam

Registered Member

:'(

I never got to meet or speak to him, but I've heard a lot and consider it my loss.

Condolences to his family and loved ones.

John

Registered Member

This is very sad. I replied to the post on DAAH a couple days ago, and even joked about how soon he would be up doing fish stuff again... I feel terrible now.
    I never got to meet him in person but admired his conviction to his ideas, even though there were many with which I could no agree.
    I do have one of his books and I'll cherish it. I spoke with him several times recently about his Silent Giant air pump project, as I sent him one of the two pumps he received to work with.
    I'll miss him and I am sure the hobby as a whole will too, even those with whom he so adamantly disagreed.
    My thoughts are with his family. Francisco.

Truely sad news.

I will miss you Jim!

Jeff
    Oregon

Karl

My condolences to the Quarles family.

Karl

Registered Member

I never spoke with him personally but his forum threads could make me mad or make me laugh right out loud!  My condolences to the Quarles family.

Flying my intake prefilters at half staff...

TC

In memory of Jim E Quarles

As you know Jim has passed on. I wanted to take a moment and put some thoughts down about Jim’s death. First thing that comes to mind is how tragic life can be, how one minute we are all going about our busy life’s care free and the next moment we have this to deal with. It certainly does not seem fair sometimes. It makes me reflect on loved ones still alive and pushes me to say the kind words we normally may not. With Jims passing it makes us all reflect on how short life can be and how I need to enjoy the days that I walk this earth, knowing one day it all will come to an end, and the only thing will remain is my legacy good or bad. I can say with a huge smile that Jims legacy is probably a little of both with much more leaning to the good side. Jim was a man that was set in his ways and comfortable with those ways. We didn’t agree on politics, we didn’t agree on religion, heck we didn’t agree on much; however we did agree to be friends. Somehow that was plenty for both of us. Jim will be missed by me and hundreds of others that he touched all over the world. My prayers and thoughts go to the his wife Jane and his sons and extended family and I hope they can see what an impact he had outside their homes and on this family and in your family’s. Jim E Quarles A war hero, a husband, a father, and our friend.

Chad Bertoni

I couldn't have said it better Chad. Thank you.
    -al

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast