ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are you from????????

Default Re: Where are you from????????

Well,
    By now many of you know I hail from the tiny state of  Connecticut, on the eastern  seaboard of the  USA...

I think I'll buy a map of the USA and canada and start marking off where everyone  is. Theres probably even software out there to let us make an interactive one  for the site( Paper copy first).

Pierre,
      How close are you to Kejimkujik national park,  or cape bretons highlands national park?  Both of these  are my birding hitlist , places I want to go  bird watching/photography  at. I've been to the Gaspe pennisula of Quebec  twice for that reason. Thats also where  I got engaged.  

From my last trip to your beautiful part of the world...

Bonaventure Island, off the coast of the gaspe Pennisula...

Registered Member

Al,
    Those pictures bring back memories. My father and I took a motorcycle trip in the summer of 96. We left Ohio, went through New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, into New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, hopped on a ferry and went over to New Foundland and travelled all the way up the Viking Trail and back. Came back through Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec, and through the Algonquin to our cottage on Tobin's island on lake Rosseau in Ontario. To make a short story longer, those pictures are very reminiscent of all that area as you probably know. We actually had intended to go around the Gaspe but after a couple weeks of travelling with several days of rain we were done. Beautiful country.

Alex

hey someone who summers on lake rosseau! gee, i've been wondering, does goldie hawn still look good in a bathing suit... i spent my summers growing up in the kawarthas, on buckhorn lake.

i've seen every canadian province, and nova scotia and gaspe are beautiful, but if you haven't seen british columbia, you have missed the best part. i wish i was taking pics, but there are some of the most amazing places, on the coast, and in the interior.

rick

Registered Member

Hi all,
    I live in lovely North Manchester, Indiana. *Any one out there in Indiana, Southern Lower Michigan or Northwest Ohio? *
    Brian

Registered Member

Hey Al,   I'm stuck in the middle of both tose parks LOL.  We have a bird sanctuary at the end of our road which you can find almost every native sea duck there is ( so I hear) cranes (blue Herrons) geese winter here!!! Eagles and of course I have to mention the wildlife that live down the road ie neighbours etc.. LOL Open door here all the time.
    Pierre

Registered Member

Sharon, MA. 35 minutes from Boston and Providence (north and south, respectively). Only one street light downtown, but a ridiculous number of dry cleaners there. Most people are commuters. Me too. It sucks taking up precious water/change time.
    Cheers, Francisco.

Registered Member

Rick,
    What a small world, my family bought a place up there in 1945 and we have been going up there ever since. It is funny that you mention Goldie, we are a two minute boat ride from her place I should say were, she and Kurt moved out two summers ago. They put an add in the Muskoka Sun asking people to leave them alone but it never happened so I guess they took off. I intend to get up to BC soon.

Alex  

Registered Member

Francisco,

You're not too far from us over here in CT.  Maybe you can come down sometime and meet up with us CT discus freaks.

John

Registered Member

Hello!  I'm in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area.  Nice and hot here this week

Lana

Canada, westcoast

Georgetown, Texas
    36 miles northwest of Austin, Texas
    oh, and yes....it is getting hot!

Terri

Alex......or Dragonfly.......if you come to b.c.....I'm here! so is Raymond and a few other discus phenatics! So start planning. Yah....B.C. has some beautiful spots. I'm in vancouver right on the edge.. by the ocean.

Registered Member

I live in St Paul, MN, but I do like to travel.  If anyone is coming up this way let me know, I have over 800 gallons worth of tanks with Discus.  Most of them are wild Discus.

Pat

Registered Member

Hi all,
    I reside in Las Vegas, Nevada(actually Henderson, NV).......about 12 miles from the world-famous "Strip".  I have met 3 other fanatics in the hobby-- Jim Quarles, Ron & Mary Menchey, and Chad Bertoni & family. I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting alot more of you all!

Steve

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast