AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are you from????????

Registered Member

Default Re: Where are you from????????

I'm from Australia..
    far away from most of you guys.
    Any aussies lurking around the board besure to say a quick hi to me.

OH i'm from Geelong (VICTORIA)

Registered Member

April,
    You should call me Alex, you would be the first stop on the B.C. tour. Do you have room in your place for guests between all your tanks?

Taybelz you will have to come to the states sometime and watch the water go down the drain clockwise for once.

Alex  

ok Alex.....hi Alex. LOL. I willhave room for visitors after I move in a few months! I you tried now......you'd be sorry. it'd be a  grooming table each for you guys!
    David......I think theres three of you aussies here . And yes......I think the first thing I will do when I get to Australia will be to turn the tap on and watch the whirlpool go the wrong way! LOL.

Registered Member

I am in the deep south...Baton Rouge, LA...the capitol of Louisiana.  Baton Rouge is 80 miles NNW of New Orleans.  Lots of Good food, good fun down here in Cajun Country 8)
    Beth A is not too far away in the NO area.

Butch

Default ;DRe: Where are you from????????

Butch, I sooooo need a crawfish fix!

Terri (Thibodeaux)
    ;D

Registered Member

Terri,
    is that an Acadian name??? You know that most of the Acadians from down there came from Nova Scotia.. just wondering if you know your geneology?
    Pierre

Pierre,

I don't know. *That is my married name. *My maiden name is Mannino. My family is 1/2 Sicilian (Mannino) and 1/2 French (Bellaire). *I have loads of family in the Lafayette/Breaux Bridge area of Louisiana and have heard it referred to as "Acadiana", but frankly, I really don't know what exactly that means. *More family research has been done by family members on the Sicilian geneology than on the French side. *I do know that the portion of my family that resides in Lousiana (the Bellaires) has been there for generations. *I should find out! *You have piqued my curiosity!  

Unfortunately, many of the elders of the Bellaire family speak "cajun" french and I have a very hard time conversing with them outside of a very basic conversation.  Unless my grandmother (a/k/a translator) is there.....I am really out of luck.

Terri

Registered Member

Hi all.  I'm from Albuquerque, New Mexico, where the water is hard enought to stand on it's own.  Doesn't look like there are a lot of us discus owners out here in the west.  

Tina

Um.....Carlin, N.V......the people I've met sofar are Nevada Mark (I work with the guy), and as most of ya know(the lady that got me into discus) Karen......
     Hey Steve W., my little brother lives in Vegas....next time I go to see him, maybe we could meet......  

Registered Member

Wow Terri,
    Thats very interesting.  Bellaire is also a very popular Acadian name!!!  The elders speak cajun french as well, which is a derivative of Acadian french... if I were to bet , your relatives once lived in the Maritimes, & most likely Nova Scotia!!! The expultion of the Acadians by the Brits is very interesting history around here.  In fact from what I understand, we are sending french teachers down there to teach the children french & about the "acadian"...Cajun culture.
    Just thought you might be interested.
    Pierre

Hey,

I live just 10 minutes south of Cincinnati, OH in northern KY. No great scenic spots close by, but about an hour and a half away(south east) is the Red River Gorge in the Daniel Boone National Forest...beautiful hiking, waterfalls, natural bridges, caves, 500 ft cliffs, and pristine streams. Any body live in the Tri-State area?

Mike

Uh-Oh, Pierre,

I think you have started something....I feel that curious, compelling, gotta know feeling washing over me...part of my personality!  (Refer to the thread, "what makes us tick&quot.

I am going to have to start digging 'cause I am going to HAVE to know some basics about this expultion by the Brits thing!  Just the tid-bit you provided in your response was interesting in itself...I MUST dig further!  

Terri

Registered Member

I live in Santa Rosa County near Pensacola Florida. *I'm 30 minutes from the whitest beaches in the world and 30 minutes from the Alabama state line. *The Gulf coast has two popular names here. *The Emerald Coast & The Redneck Riviera!

TC

Registered Member

LOL, Have fun Terri...
    Actually it's fairly interesting, I,m not much of a history buff, but I figured I should now the history of where I live.. It actually quite interesting even the forest types we have here in Nova Scotia & how they changed over history ... Oppps I digresss.. I just searched "acadians" on the net..good place to start
    I'm interested on how you make out & what you find
    Pierre

Eastern Utah, Just south of Flaming Gorge, just west of the colorado border.   Its not nowhere but you can see it from here.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast