ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas, USA

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Default Texas, USA

I am in Caddo MIlls, TX. About 40 miles east of Dallas. Email Nicholsons_Discus@yahoo.com
    If you are in the area let me know. I know a few other discus breeders in the area. SO if you make a road trip let me know about it.

-john

Registered Member

Default Re:Texas, USA

Hello All,

My name is Tim Ellis. I am in Leander Texas, about 20 miles north of Austin. I breed discus on a small scale and would like to hook up with anybody in the area to discuss our little round friends, and trade,buy or sell them. I am in this hobby for the pure enjoyment of it, and would like to meet others with the same interest........or shall I say addiction. You can reach me at timellis@ev1.net

Happy Discus,
    Tim

Tim glad to see your post. When you decide to do some more trading let me know. I kind of wished I had some of those goldens that I traded to you last time.

-john

Registered Member

Hi everyone! My name is Gary Strader. I also live in Leander, TX (just north of Austin). I happen to live right around the corner from Tim (he has a nice setup going)! I've kept discus for many years, but just starting to get serious about breeding them. I'm always anxious to learn and share experiences. My email is gstrader28@yahoo.com, drop me a line if you are in the area or would like to chat more.

Gary

Registered Member

Hello all. My name is Richard Davis. I live in Texarkana. Just a couple hours up the road from you, John. I was just down in Greenville last weekend. Was into breeding South and Central Americans back in the 80's. Out of the hobby for over ten years and started back this spring. Trying discus for the first time and having very good luck so far. This area is discus poor. Don't think our lfs's have any luck with them and don't care to take the time to learn. Maybe I can change that someday. I know most of them from the past and we have a pretty good working relationship. If I ever get the chance to get down there to Caddo Mills, I'd like to see what you have, John.

Next time you head my way please let me know. I love to talk fish.

-john

Just a note to let ya'll know that the TCA will be having a fish show and auction on Oct. 19th and 20th. If you need info just let me know.

-john

Registered Member

Hi All

I live here in mesquite. I would like to go to the TCA show an auction this weekend. I would like to meet up with a few of you discus folk here in texas.

I want a couple discus. My new tanks ready an the show this weekend is just in time.

Registered Member

Hey everyone,
    Peter Smith here, I'm in Austin, Texas.

Registered Member

Hi all. I live in Austin. I just started keeping discus last year but I've got my first pair already. I use to keep a lot of Africans but I'm really liking these fish.

John R

Registered Member

hi, names craig grimmer. i live in lake jackson texas, i know, why???
    i keep discus and have been breeding with the help of a few notables, thanks john n., and everybody else. i have given many away to friends or traded. have almost all original i bought this time, i have 5 marlboro and 3 red royal blue from cary, 6 red spotted green and 5 red royal green from mike wells, 4 wattley corulean, 2 cobalts, and a red turq from john n., and a few red royal blue babies , so 25 discus, and a few babies.
    always looking for another fish, or usefull info
    cg ccgrimm@swbell.net

Real Name
    Tony

Hello everyone my name is Tony Serna I have just started keeping Discus again, currently only have 1 Heckel and would love to start keeping more. I have 1 100 gal. tank and just the Heckel in there now, can't wait to see that tank filled with other beautiful Discus.

Registered Member

Add me to the Austin area bunch....Lakeway to be exact. I've kept discus before, but haven't had any fish for 1/2 decade (finished school & all). I recently got an awesome deal on a 135 gallon and have decided to keep discus again (hopefully in a planted tank).

I've been fortunate enough to visit Tim's place & look forward to checking out any other local breeder setups. It's exciting to see all the new color strains available since I last left the hobby - Pete Nguyen - chirohorn@yahoo.com.

Howdy Ya'll,
    Lance Krueger here in the Edinburg/McAllen, Texas area. I'm four hours due south of San Antonio, and an hour west of Brownsville. I live only 8 minutes from Mexico, in the middle of nowhere. I only know of one other discus friend down here, and he and I have been both successful at breeding discus, though we kill a lot more than we raise. But still trying to learn. We babysit each other's fish when one of us is out of town.
    I've got about 40 discus, not counting babies, and about 800 gallons of tanks. Got most all of my fish from Mike Wells. I travel throughout Texas quite a bit, so I'll look some of you up some day and see what your setup is like.
    Lance Krueger

Registered Member

hello all I'm chris and I live over in Houston and just recently moved back (navy took me all over the world) I have been in the hobby for about a year now and although I had to start all over with my last move(connecticut to texas)I have had some beautiful fish my favorite was a wild green blue diamond cross that I got for keystonediscus up in new york and now just looking for someone to talk with and maybe trade with down the line thank you

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast