ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1180

Thread: Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!

Registered Member

Default Re:Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!

Pascale ... well I have tried your beer ... I perfere the discus !

Smokey

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Hi smokey,

Loved your description of my fish, sounds like you are really enjoying them and giving them great care Thanks for the kind words, it's really nice to see someone so appreciative. It's really a labour of love trying to breed a nice healthy fish ,and it's very good to see people happy from my own work.

When i first started out with discus i used peat to lower the ph in the treatment tanks, great stuff and i love the colors of discis in peat water. incidently we do have peat in the southern hemispere, most of it comes from New Zealand though, your canadian peat is legendary for discus, the great breeder Jack Wattley prefered it over other types, apparently because it is very acidic. Back then i used german peat imported by Yates and it was very good quality, about 5 liters of peat would treat 500l of tapwater to a ph of 6.0 . My ph was always stable and the fish done well in it. Then yates decided it didn't want to import it any more, and i couldn't find a suitable substitute, so i now use hydrocloric acid with acceptable results.

hi ronrca,

Yes Smokey makes a great ambassador...lol. I've been busy trying to beat your next winter before the roads close to smokey's place once again. I'll post some pics of the fry as they develop to keep you updated.

Hey Ari,

Now don't go giving all those goldens away just yet....hint hint!!! I think i need some of the babies from them...lol. Love the dicksons and crossed with those super clean goldens of yours they will be beautiful.

I would love to see pics! More pics the better! Thanks Rod! ;D And dont worry about Smokey in the winter. I'll just keep them until Smokey digs himself out! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ronrca they have to go through vancouver first.... ;D ;D ;D :P :P :P

:furious: :yikes: :spank: :banghead: :'(

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Registered Member

hey! no wonder us aussies are soon to be evicted from here...
    the canadians are invading.
    ROFLOL

:spank:
    Your outta here! LOL!
    :spank:

one more page and it gets locked by me.the big bad mod and gets archived and then.aussie aussie aussie 2!!!
    otherwise the first pages are gonna get trimmed when he trims the forum .

This continuing drama series has been so popular...due to public demand.....there is an aussie aussie aussie 2 in the works!!! Stay tuned...for the upcoming new series.!!
    We hope we have some new aussies and a few wierd but wonderful canadians and americans still dropping in for guest appearances.
    Please click on the aussie aussie aussie 2 thread .

Registered Member

Hi all!

Not sure if it is a sad occasion or a happy occasion, however it is a monumental occasion never the less!

The Aussie Aussie Aussie thread has grown so large, too large to fit on one thread!!!

It is no wonder when you check out the satistics: approx 1179 posts in total with a whopping 11267 views! Not only that this thread is by far the oldest live thread at 10 months old!!! First post was by Scott (aka the fridge) on August 20, 2002!!! ;D

On behalf of the Simply Discus team, I would like to thank all those who contributed to this obelisk of a thread! and on that note...

Due to popular demand, there is a new thread located here:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index...art=0#lastPost

It is a sad occasion as finally we have to lock this thread incase we lose start to truncate it as it grows way too big!

As a tribute to the this old thread, please post in the new one and say Cherio to this thread... (will be archived I think, so we won't lose anything!) :'( :'( :'( such wonderful memories...

Let the new party begin! ;D ;D ;D

Oi Oi Oi!!!
    Chong

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879