AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SEPTEMBER SPOTLIGHT - MAT WITH ONE T

Default Re:SEPTEMBER SPOTLIGHT - MAT WITH ONE T

Cary,

It's about time somebody busted my chops a little. I was feeling neglected . A few things though:

Tim Horton's Coffee uke: We serve better coffe than that at our McDonalds.

Didn't grow up in Seattle. Seattle's too laid back to be too tuff. Pennsylvania was where I roamed in my youth. Ever here of it ;D

Curt Cobain did Seattle a favor by leaving. He could have saved the dramatics, though, and just took a bus. 8)

We have a football team up here ???

One thing about Maria Cruz , she's a cheap slut who'd lie to her mamma. She told me I had the nicest Apistogramma cockatuoides she had ever seen. She also liked my Apistogramma cacatuoides.

That's not all you should leave in your garage. I have two gals. of muratic acid I don't need. Want it? I hear you use alot of it :P (inside joke between me and Da Man", although it wasn't too funny at the time > )

Arm wrestle ??? I own two semiautomatics. I don't get physical anymore. I don't like to sweat.

Thanks, my friend. I needed the harrassment :P ;D

Chad,

Don't try to figure me out. It's an exercise in futility.

April,

I'll be here. 15 minute straight shot off I-5.

Al,

Funny. You're right though.

Thanks Pamela. For latest pics of me, check your local post office. The latest is very complimentary. Black is a good color for me. ;D

I am a big meanie Julz, I was just feeling soft and fluffy that night.

Thank you to all. I appreciate the nice things you said, although my feelings were a little hurt no one really cracked on me :'( :'( :'( ;D ;D ;D til Cary came along, and that wasn't even as bad as I thought he might get.

Mat

Hiyas One T

Great bio...

This bio was not what I was expecting .... I just knew or atleast I thought I did.... think that the harsh to the point sarcastic, cynical, and sardonic attitude was going to show up in here :-X

You're so misunderstood :-\ .... it's really good to know that there is a soft side underneath that ruff and tumble sounding guy that we have all learned to like so much ( ok so most of us anyway ;D )

Q: What strain/s do you like best?
    But, if I had to pick one discus to have, for those of you who have the book "DiscusCatalogue/Atlas by Degen and TFH Pub. turn to page 60. This wild Royal Green discus is, to me, the ultimate discus. If every discus I owned looked like this specimen, I'd be one happy man.
    To eaches own :P

In "DiscusCatalogue/Atlas by Degen and TFH Pub, nothing nicer than D261 or page 305 :P .... hehehe.... and ofcourse my next choice would have to be D120 or pg 155

If your pairs are eating so many spawns apparently you're not using screens? Just curious as to why ???

Jack Wattley definately nailed this when he said it
    He said, you have to decide what you really want to do - watch TV or raise discus.
    black worms black worms black worms :funny: just thought I'd add that in :funny: do you ever see in the future that maybe one day you'll try them again?

Starbucks decaff well...... there's a Starbucks close by, I guess I'll have to find out for myself if it's better than McDonalds lol.... I can't imagine any coffee better than "Cafe' Du Monde" in the French Quarter with some nice hot beignets ... yummy If you're ever in the neighborhood I'll have to bring you out that way and then you can see for yourself... they do have a decaff here too ;D

What is this
    I have gotten to know a few of you guys, Cary, Mike Wells, and Beth on the phone
    I'm not a guy.. geez... I thought you knew that already from all the phone calls ... I know it must be the voice :P I enjoy our phone conversations immensly :-*

I'd love to make the trip to Seattle sometime.... think you may have time to show me around? I'd love to see a few of the sites and some local breeders in that area I hear it's a Beautiful place there

The Bio was Great Mat and John.... Thanks for taking the time

Beth

Hey Beth,

I suppose you're right about "to each his own" in tastes. I wondered why those two pics, pgs. 155 and 305, were even included in the book. :P

Yes, I screened the eggs after she ate the 1st two spawns. She just blew the babies out from behind it after they hatched. To her credit, she is standing intently over a batch right now. The only thing is, the eggs are almost all white now. The male didn't seem too intersted in his part of the spawning activity, although he stood watch, too. It was his first time.

A nice cup of French roast decaf in the French Quarter sounds wonderful indeed. I regret Starbucks has no decaf French roast, but their decaf Sumatra is the best I've ever had.

I'd be happy to give you a tour of the area if you ever are in town. I do require a notice, though. No walkins. :P

Mat

HEY!!!!! HEY!!!! HEY!!!!

WE DID'ENT EVEN ARM WRESTLE YET! NOT LOOKEN GOOD FOR THE GLD HEE.HEE.HEE

P.S

TAKECARE'
    MY FRIENDS
    CARY GLD

I'd be happy to give you a tour of the area if you ever are in town. I do require a notice, though. No walkins.
    How much notice are we talking here ??? say.... a day or 6 months :P

Hey Cary....

Can I get a personal guided tour at your place..... how much notice will I need to give you ???

I still ya Cary :-*

Anyone from Simply Discus is Welcome to stop by my place anytime :P

although a 5 minute notice would be nice ;D

Beth

My point being is I am a bachelor and I require enough time to hide the dirty laundry and clear a path through my condo Takes a day or two, unless of course you like to clean the place for me ;D ;D :P

Mat

Registered Member

since i'm new im gonna make it short and sweet. I really enjoyed the bio of mat with one T. Thanks for all the honest answers you seem to have a solid grip on what life is all about whatever makes you happy. your new friend in kirkland

Thanks Kirkland. We need some more Western Washingtonians on the board. Eastern Washingtonians, too, even though they want to recede from the State .

Cary,
    Start a competition that you would have a chance of winning, sonny boy. This one is a Real Man's game , not Duh Man's, I mean Da Man's game. ;D (and I don't mean arm wrestling)

Beth,
    Sorry about the "guys" thing in my bio. It must have been the voice..... :P. The bad thing about visiting the Pacific Northwest is that people never want to leave. ;D

Mat

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

Hi Mat:
    I just read your interview and the rest of the thread. It was a well thought out interview, good question and good answers.
    Carol

Mat,

I feel like I know you better already. When I met Goober, I thought "man does this guy have his head up his @ss!" Turns out you just know your stuff. Glad ol' Mat came back, I've learned quite a bit from you.

When's your birthday? I'll have Dan drop ship some blkwrms...I can get the bulk rate @ 3 lbs or more! ;D

Mike T 8)

Hey Mike.

Trouble over there was those guys just wanted to hear what they wanted to hear, like, sure, it's okay to keep Kissing Gouramis with your discus, or sure, if you know where your fish come from, no need to QT. ;D ;D ;D

Goob set them straight, then along came Maria, with a softer touch, but same results. So, I logged off and never went back. :P

Good to see you here.

Mat :-*

Registered Member

I love the Spotlights! You guys are great and this is a great feature of the Simplydiscus forum.
    Thank you one-T Mat for sharing, and thank you DarkDiscus John for spearheading this effort.
    Cheers, Francisco.

Registered Member

Nice info you have posted, is this you.. Or your perception of yourself ????????
    Awfull lot of vagueness.
    Saw some statements regarding your willingness to respect other folks to thier opinions, could you extrapulate on that please.
    Thanks

Ut Oh.......

One T.............

Take a deep breath, count to 10.
    Remember there are lots of us who really enjoyed your interview.

Julz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast