AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: tip for life! and I mean every word!

Default Re:tip for life! and I mean every word!

Hope this dosen't get burried in the rubble, Gotodiscus, if you are in fact Godwin, I probably have more respect for you than most in these forums, but for the life of me I can't understand what you are trying to convey to me, yes I am indian, but now live in the US, What I meant about color changing discus was, recently I have come across someone selling a new strain as they call, as a chameleon discus, that is what I meant, not an insult, believe me if I wanted to insult you, you will know...hahaha!! Just asking... Later.....

Registered Member

Eels have a "mucus sloughing disease" (sounds like plague does it not ?) that has been studied in China by The Freshwater Fisheries Institute of Fujian Province. Authors found Vibrio cholerae the causative bacteria, and it was resistent to chloramphenicol, tetracycline and spectinomycin. An Italien group studied over 300 ornamental fish samples mostly from Asia, and one of the most common bacteria was Vibrio cholera/cholerae. As far as I understand, the bacteria is not responsible for the epidemic cholera but can cause intestinal symptoms in humans.

Perhaps a vet could share more light whether this particular bacteria has been studied in "discus plague" cases.

Jouni

Registered Member

Jouni,
    They found the Vibrio cholera on fish species,but,they don't tell where they attached from?

Is it a possiblity that come from the polluted water where the asians collect their live food? if yes,that means not only in asia alone using live food for their tropical fishes,please tell us for just a little bit more will be very much appreciated.

Discus plague is just something like Herpes Simplex virus,on and off very often on the beginning stage and eventually just dimissed. I read the HSV from the book and just to make an example hope you don't mind. Have you seen Discus first time got their plague were squeezed together and taken longer period to cure ,for the subsequent re-occur they just turn black and recover very fast ?

Registered Member

Yes live food can carry also this pathogen

TI: Title
    Chironomid egg masses and Vibrio cholerae
    AU: Author
    Broza, M; Halpern, M
    AF: Affiliation
    Dep. Biol., Fac. Sci. and Sci. Education, Univ. Haifa, Oranim, Tivon 36006, Israel, [mailto:broza@research.haifa.ac.il]
    SO: Source
    Nature [Nature]. Vol. 412, no. 6842, p. 40. 5 Jul 2001.
    IS: ISSN
    0028-0836
    PB: Publisher
    Macmillan Publishers Ltd.
    AB: Abstract
    Cholera is a severe diarrhoeal disease triggered by a toxin produced by specific biotypes of the bacterium Vibrio cholerae that are pathogenic only to humans. There seems to be no chronic state of the disease and the natural reservoir of the pathogen is environmental. Here we show that egg masses of the non-biting midge Chironomus sp. (Diptera) harbour V. cholerae and act as its sole carbon source, thereby providing a possible natural reservoir for the cholera bacterium.

Come On gotodiscus'

STOP! It with this discus Virus! No one here in the USA has documented any such Thing! Only every other thing known to man and Some Not! However Virus is very true and real.
    But not as commen as You make it out to Be. Hell Even dropsy is considered a Virus This does not mean the Discus Keep it for Liife. Do you have any Proof of Your Statment!
    Like lab reports Etc.. Books say alot and Many Guess what they Got! but I do not Believe. You see technology is way ahead Of the Game Now! How could some strange Diseases
    wipe out all Discus, Angles Etc... Around The world? And never be documented or seen again? IME I have Not QTed
    50 times or more. 20 times I swear My discus Had Plague. All 20 times it was something Diffrent! and cureable! I just find it Funny That someone like Me who has Been into Discus for 18 years Now! And has Imported Many strains for breeding stock and sell. Also Stock from Many diffrent country's + USA With 20 occasion's of Outbreak and Dead discus That never tested for such a thing! (myseryious Virus)

My Point Is!
    Many people can get together and think they have the SameThing! But untill I see it in writeing then I'll Believe.
    TakeCare'
    Cary Gld!

P.S
    Thanks Gip For The Suger! hee.hee.hee

YES its in the Food!

The source is water not live food! Anything liveing in the water drinking the water is inffected. we allready strayed ENOUGHT!

I am locking and moving this thread to the disease board I have received numerous complaints regarding its tone, and I know this was not the way that Cary wanted this to go.

I am Sorry Cary.
    -al

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456