ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: tip for life! and I mean every word!

Real Name
    James (Jim) Shedden

Default Re:tip for life! and I mean every word!

Cary : I think you have to learn to express yourself and don't hold anything in....lol. Thanks for the honesty.

Jim

Cary,
    How dare you to stand up and be so God Dmmm honest!
    Stop exposing the "Instant Discus Breeders".
    You know, the ones who don't give credit to the foreign breeders but rather buys their fish and claims them his own super new breed.

Hey, what about QT the resident fish. The nasties work both ways too.

Good post Super Strong Man.

Registered Member

BRAVO! Cary,
    Now hobbyists will be able to know the disease is spreading worlwide not just found in Asia.

Quarantine is a must but I still prefer "prevention is better than cure"

I suggest when buying your Discus you must look for the farm or breeder that the premise is free from any incurable disease.

To import you must look for the exporter who really have the knowledge and quarantine facility not just put a few buckets fill with water behind the house for packing.perhaps,you can check with AQIS who has the export approval from Asia,I think they will be able to give you some good help.

QUARANTINE,QUARANTINE,QUARANTINE!

Q:How do you treat gill flukes?
    A:I treat gill fluke for young Discus with formalin with a dosage of 10cc per 100 ltrs.of tank water and adults double or triple dosage for 1 hour bath,after that move all the fish to a new tank with clean water.clean the airstone,airtubes and filter,let the tank stay dry for few days and re-use it for treatment again.

Q:How do you treat them when your discus turn black and squeeze together?
    A:turn off the light of the tank,possible cover all walls of the tank with newspaper as to keep it dark,Per 100 ltrs.of tank water I use P.Permanganate with one tiny coffee stirrer of fast food stalls and two capsules of tetracycline for 3 days,on the 4th day add 3cc of hydrogen peroxide/1oo ltrs.wait for awhile then you will find water turn clear,just siphon off the debris and refill the aged water and repeat treatment till they recover.during treatment you must raise up the temp.to at least 86F' and strong aeration must be provided.

Q:How do you treat when all the fish gasping in the air?
    A:Normally this symtom is caused by the heavy infestation of parasite in the gill and cause their respiration problem,so,you must not use formalin or any toxic chemical,just increase the aeration with filter and airstones,lower the temp.to 25c'-26c',just add 2 capsules of chloramphenicol and a handful of salt ,no w/c for two days till they getting stronger than you can use the formalin treatment.***I have seen many hobbyists treat this symtom with higher temp. and killed the whole tank of fish very often.
    ***Tetracycline is no good for treating this symtom as it irritate the skin of the fish.

The above is just my method of treatment,if you want you can make a trial when you next have the problem with your fish.

you use fast food stir sticks to measure pp? why not at least give real measurements?

rick

Registered Member

Rick,
    I don't have the small scale to weight it precisely,perhaps,you can use the coffee stirrer to fill up a tea spoon just count how many stirrers can fill it up,rough estimate 1 teaspoon is 5 g.of weight.then just divide it to find out the dosage.
    if the water is less than DH 50ppm I can even double the strenth,if DH more than 250ppm it will kill your fish within one hour, that's what I have experienced it.so,make sure you check the hardness before you throw in the P.P,also,the T.Cycline will loose the strenth in high pH and hard water.the effectiveness of it is 6 hours. Oxytetracycline is 12 hours.

gotodiscus??

i assume this is godwin sim?

Now! I see Why Most asian Discus with problems
    are Resistant to Oxy And tetracycline.
    cary :-X

Registered Member

Cary,
    I don't think so,I found the problem that I can't handle is the fish that has been long treating with 1) tranqualizer for netting and shipping.2) toxic chemical in control the diseases at the original farm.

*Information from my friend's quarantine station in Down Under that he got some fish from one of the exporter in our region and he couldn't fix the problem after received the shipment,he sent the fish for analysis at the fishery dept.
    The report was:the liver and gut were damage due to the long duration in toxic chemical,so,the fishery guy request me to paid a visit to the exporter and we discovered the causes,after we explaint to the exporter and we fixed the sudsequent shipments.

BTW. Could you please tell us a little about the symtom before those fish laid on your back yard? are they the imported stocks or bred by you?

Hello all….

I have not had any time to post lately, however I had to respond to this.

Cary you’re a MAN!!! Thank you for standing up and doing right!! I have posted many posts about doing business with you and how satisfied I have been…. I guess this just proves what I knew the whole time….. You’re a serious hobbyist with all the best intensions….. I hope this comes back to you 3 fold!!

Chad ;D

Godwin Sim, Please tell me Why THE Hell WERE SICK FISH or fish that were sick ever sent, shipped and Sold??? I know the almighty dollar... screw the other guy... Right? Who was the smuck that signed that health Cert... I know it wasn't cousin IT??? How did that chit happen? Is that how it works were your from???? Damm..this is how the Problem STARTS? I would love to see that report. Or any other reports you have for sick fish at farms in your region. Esp the fish that were FIXED!!!! Please Fax them it to me at 216-587-0025... Show me, I'd love to learn what kind of diseased fish were shipped from your country. If you Dont have report... Send the fish over and I'll have them looked at.... Spread the word not the Disease... EDUCATE

Tranquilizer for netting and shipping... Bull crap

Meds... must be strong chit my friend... Tetracycline... I Don't think so. LOL but who the hell know's if your using a coffee stir or pixy stix to mesure your meds i'm sure its possible.

Or maybe what they saw is Scar Tissue that formed over TB granuloma :-X

The Important thing is not what the fish in Carys backyard had, but that fact that he had the honesty and integrity to destroy them, instead of passing the buck on to some unsuspecting sole.

Mike

I've got some skeletons in my closet and I don't know if no one knows it so before they throw me in my coffin and close it I'm gonna expose it "Eminem"

Registered Member

Wow Cary- see what you started. Now you got Mike freakin out! Frank

Registered Member

LOL godwin again..we already have the incredible sulk that quit and join again now we have the incorrigible liar..geese. :

Registered Member

Mike Wells,
    I trying to tell what the breeders using here and how they handle their fish before shipment and not just coming here for arguement,have you seen other asians post to tell what they did to their Discus or they pretend don't know what is quarantine? I learnt my quarantine from my friend's quarantine station in Australia and picked up dead fish to kept in freezer daily to gain some experience and I always say quarantine is a must unlike other asians said I am stupid for doing so,because they just want to express the shipments rather than bringing diseases and treating them in their farm,some of them just bring in the fish in the morning and repack for the evening flight to oversea,what I am telling is the truth,the diseases that you have seen maybe less than what we have encountered here,I am the centreman for the importers to clean and cull the Discus before shipment for they prefer to sell clean fish rather than wasting the space in treating them after arrival.

If you ever import Discus I am sure you know how much is to run the quarantine for six weeks in your country,can you make money if you would to compete with local express transhippers?likewise,we can't compete with other express exporters for we selling higher prices,but,we only deal with exclusive buyers unlike others selling Discus to many importers in the same area or same country,just let them killing each other but he makes the profits,a Jap friend told me he would rather pay high dollars to buy fish from someone than buying cheap stuffs that every dealers have for sales in the same period.I reckon if you now asking for the Discus name like Oriental Dream,virgin red,red melon , Harimau Bintang and twinkle circle spots,I am sure they are many importers in US will tell you they have these colors.

I buy fish from few specific farm they the importers come and visit them and agreed with their qualities,on the shipment we have remarks for breeders,if something found wrong after arrival we will trace the cause or found incurable diseases will cut out the supplies,from many years experiences I got the burnt and felt the pain,so,I am always aware of the supplies not just simply accept the fish,because I have to responsible for the mortalities before shipment or after arrival.

So,many asians dislike me for I telling the truth here,but,some called to told me not to disclose the secret too much for they want to do business,honestly speaking,I oweing to those breeders is just because they ripped me off with their chemical fish with incurable diseases,right now,I still don't make enough to repay them,so,they just spread the rumours that I cheat their money,I understand some of the oversea importers also have the same problem with me,after import few shipments from asia and went broke due to the bad quality fish,if anybody is going to do this business I advise you to think twice,this is a sh!t business and up to the end you get more enemies than friends,so far,I have not seen people doing the import business of Discus getting rich,can you name anybody or you are the only one that made a fortune from Discus import,if so,I reckon you must express.I am now only doing on a small scale as to keep the hobby going ,if someone ask me to do the export to USA I will definitely say NO! because I keep my word with a man in USA.

Lastly,I advise you importers to check the premises of exporters before you place any order or you are the diseases expert swer only in the toilet.

Ya,I seems forget to tell you that I could not send you the report from AQIS,because the importer doesn't want to get involved,but,you can always check with AQIS/Australia, see whether the Discus really have the liver and gut damages from certain countries.

The T.C and OXY I reckon it can be used if you know how to use it with proper dosage provided with something else to help.there is a kind of protein will help a lots.

You know,after I disclosed here I must prepare to receive calls from those express exporters,but,some will like appreciate for my information.

P/S:I will talk to the importer if he wants to know you ,then he will e-mail you.

Registered Member

Sly,
    If you can ? please share some of your experience,we all come to the forum just act like a hobbyist ,don't talk about business only learn and share,if you keep trying to use your needle someone will say you know nothing about Discus again.

Rick,
    To share the experience not necessary to be known,or you only want to learn from the well known breeders,do you know the proverb" Even a thief has his own characteristics"

Let me tell you a joke.
    Well,in the first time when human planning to control births by using Condoms,when a female doctor brought the condoms to the village to told them how to use it,do you know what happened?

A villager ask:
    Qoctor how do we use that balloon?

Female doctor has nothing to demostrate but used her thumb.
    Ah! very simple,what you got to do is just to trap in and unfold it ,that 's it!

But,the man was so in the hurry just grabbed the condoms and went home,never listen carefully.
    One month later the man went back to consult the doctor again and asked the doctor why he followed doctor's instruction and his wife still pregnant?

so,the doctor asked him how did he used it and he showed out the tumb and did as the doctor's last demostration.

Who got to be blamed here? hahaha!!!!!!!

Here is an example of using Tetracycline ,normally,I treat Discus with TC only for 7-10 days and stop it,so the next time if others use it again to treat it still can work,I experienced they have the resistant is only you using TC too long in treating them or you use it less than 7 days that is the possiblity for the cause.or I will change other anti-biotics.but,I found those have gone thru Black Disease seldom re-occur except fins and tail rot,perhaps,this is from the high protein food that we made with our own recipe.
    so,I hope you people can experiment by your own rather than hear-say.

Registered Member

I don't talk the talk godwin..I walk the walk. The difference between you and me is I show the results..where as you just talk and has nothing to show.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast