Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 1- I luv more than Discus

Default The 1- I luv more than Discus

My Baby is for sale....
    this is the jist...
    1999 Corvette Convertible
    Navy Blue / Tan / Tan
    13000K mi
    Description: Convertible with Tan Top and Tan Sport Leather Seat. Power everything, 6 Speed Manual, Garaged No Rain or Winter. Chrome Wheels and Rollbar. Sony 10 Disc. Nice color combo, MSTA. $38000 or best offer...
    John
    Yonkers, NY

Registered Member

Default Re:The 1- I luv more than Discus

Slick,

That's a LOT of discus, buddy!

Why sell?

John

Registered Member

Slick,

My wife wanted to tell you that she was born and raised on Durst Place, Yonkers, NY. It's around the block from St. Joseph's Seminary...

Do you know where that is?

John

D_D_

Sure I know where that is... It is about 2 min away....I live on the other end of Tibbetts Park off Mclean Ave.
    Did she go to Lincoln High......I graduated 83...

as far as the car....I just ordered a 50th anniversary one.....I should get it in December.....Happy Birthday to me and Merry Christmas...

Registered Member

Slick,

Yes, she went to Lincoln. And she was there the same time you were, at least briefly. I am forbidden from divulging the exact year, however! ...Women... We'll meet up at the NE Discus meeting next month!

Congratulations on the car. Sounds like you're treating yourself well this year! Maybe if I'm really good I can get a new tank this year...

John

Registered Member

Slick,

She also wanted to ask you if you knew Bill Davidson, her cousin, who also went to Lincoln and was probably your year or so...

John

D_D_

Bill Davidson doesn't strike a bell......but that's not to say he didn't sit next to me in biology........Gonna be 20 years next year. Is your wife older or younger...I have a brother 3 years older and a sister 3 years younger...My pic is somewhere in the faces and name thread....see if that strikes a bell with her.
    Funny....on the job today I ran in to a guy I went to high school with who I hadn't seen since. We actually had been to elementary and middle school together as well....seems like my past is trying to get in touch with me....
    As far as the car.......you only get to play this game once...and when it's over...... it's over

John

Registered Member

John,

We tracked down your "surfer dude" pic! She said you don't look familiar to her. But she asked me to find out your last name so she can figure out if that's at all familiar. Maybe that will do the trick.

John

Damn, I thought I put low miles on mine... Good Luck on the new one.....

I know..... it's a shame.....
    It doesn't come out much in the winter and I always end up taking a few vacations during the summer....so, there ya go....
    gonna try to get a little more use out of the next one.....

Oh yeah!!! I forgot about the winter for you guys.... Are you going to take the museum delivery? I was thinking of upgrading mine this year but wanna wait and see how the c6 is going to look.....

anand

not going to take the museum delivery...though it would probably be nice....have you ever done so.
    I wanted a 50th when I got this in 99, but I didn't want to wait 4 years, you never know if you'll even be around, and I figured I could trade up when 03 rolled around if I still wanted it.....
    ....and I still want it.
    Not sure, but when do the C6's come out....I heard 05. I saw a prototype pic in one of the magazines about a year ago.....but there always far from the end product....

John

Last time I didn't do a museum, but will the next time, I think they are suppose to roll out 04' but I don't know, no official word yet I am closely watching the corvette forum we will see....

anand

Just came from a party with my nephew who is an auto mechanic and according to him the C6 is out in 04. They are finishing off the C5 with the anniversary car. Still no info on the C6 other than it will be a total revamp. I don't think you will hear much about it because they want to sell all the 03's. first. I think many people have your thinking on that.........but that 50th is callin me.........
    can't you hear it..... ;D

John

Yes, I hear it loud and clear, I saw a convertible the other day at the dealers place, the new red color... it was pretty nice... but I am going to hold it in.... I am also hoping that they would finally put a twin overhead cam on the LS1's I need some high revs.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast