ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 1- I luv more than Discus

Default Re:The 1- I luv more than Discus

I had a 88 corolla gt-s with 4valve per cylinder and twin overhead cams....it had a 7800rpm red line.....what a fun car to beat the piss out of....
    I can't compare it to this V8, but a 7800 red line would be interesting.
    I did hear the're supose to up the HP though....

Yeah!! I love high rev engines..... for a while I was looking at the viper but the gas guzzling thing threw me off... who know I might change my mind.... maybe not... I kinda like the handling of the vette... it is a lot of fun.. if I can't just cut the expense on tickets I will have some extra cash aswell.....

The Viper is an awesome vehicle......but I don't think it has the every day drivability of the vette..
    I just got back from the SEMA show in Vegas......what a blast....and all those add-ons for these toys.....
    If I don't sell the car, I am considering to make a modest show car out of it....Supercharger w/high rise hood, exhaust, brakes and a little interior and chrome work.....will see.....

Registered Member

Hi all,
    Damn Slicksta, I LIVE HERE IN VEGAS! If I would have known you were coming to the SEMA show, I would've picked ya up in my vette! I have a black '97 with no serious mods. I've just done the plugs, wires, tires and pcv mods. I met Ron & Mary Menchey last year when they came here for the SEMA show. The C6's are coming out in '04 and should have about 450 HP from what I've been told. One of my neighbors works at a chevy dealer here(where I bought mine from) and told me they would be in the $70,000 dollar range I don't know how truthful that is, but this guy is a manager at the dealership. Are ya a member of any forums for vettes? I'm a member on corvetteforum.com ("blackjetvette97&quot Have you done any mods to your vette? There are some good supporting vendors on the forums who offer good deals for parts. There are also some great vette tuners around the country.

Steve

Steve
    I was only in Vegas for two days with my nephew and we had a full schedule. I didn't even think to see who might be in the area. Next year I will probably be there for the week, so I will have a chance to hook-up. What do Ron and Mary Menchy do...did they come this year....I haven't done anything to my current car really......roll bars, KnN filter and stainless tips. As far as the C6....it's a big secret, and I don't think anyone on the retail end knows. From what I have heard it will be out in mid 04 as an 05 model. I did hear it was a total revamp and they were upping the HP....but like I said.....there not tellin'. Not a member of any Vette forum....may get more involved if I end up trick-in this one or when the new one shows up.
    John

Registered Member

Hi John,
    Ron is on here as the screen name "Mench". He and his wife were here for the show last year and we hooked up and they came over one night. His wife, Mary, and my wife sat there together, shaking their heads at us, since we are both discus nuts, as well as HUGE Michael Jordan fans(I have a large collection). It was pure bliss having someone to relate to and match my hobby madness! I'm just sorry he lives about 3000 miles from me, on the East Coast 'cause we could have lots of fun and get into lots of trouble together, eh Ron! Anyway, the C6 sounds like it's gonna be one helluva machine from the rumors! I was thinking about taking advantage of the really low interest rates on the market today for cars and springin' for a new vette, but I am content with mine. I'm not into puttin on the heads/cams/exhausts/etc. and playin that way. I just like to have a nice fast car without puttin in thousands more dollars into it. I don't like the way some parts were designed on the car, though(mirrors, light motors)........CHEAP! You should signup as a member of a forum..........the forum I'm on now is TOTALLY FREE and has "Supporting Vendors" who consist of retailers with parts AND Chevy dealers who give nice discounts on ALL parts for our cars. This equates to nice savings on anything you might need to replace.......plus there are excellent tips and people who can help you repair just about anything on the car and save you LOTS of money in ridiculous repair bills! Talk to ya later.

Steve

Steve
    I don't like doing mods to a car myself.....My nephew wants to do it so he can have a car to show is work.....kinda a neat way to advertise. I am not doing anything to the new one when I get it.
    I wouldn't buy a new car the first year of a production change, so that means I would have to wait till late 05 or 06 to get a C6....who knows what can happen in that time....get sick...loose my job....loose what little money I have or even worse.....get married.... lol....only kidding.
    That's why I have this 99...I wanted a 50th Anniv-03, but in 99 I said why wait...life is to short....and when the ride is over...they don't let you back on no matter how much money you have.
    It seems I get into one thing or another...right now it is discus...I'm sure that will change in a few months...I love the Vettes, always have....but I don't know what I would discuss on a board about it...besides what I am discussing with you now.. ;D .My brother and nephew do all my work now and have some good hook for parts and I use there discount so I am happy with that....who knows....you might see a "SlickVette" on the site soon
    take care, John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12