ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toronto Discus Club!!!

Registered Member

Default Re:Toronto Discus Club!!!

Just cause I'm so fond of my neighbors to the north.

I've been to TO many times and it's one of my favorite places (I'm a Long Islander). I'd like to see you guys succeed in forming a club so here are some suggestions:

1. Plan your first meeting with a small group of ppl. Meet in a public place that commonly holds business meetings like a hotel or restaurant (Harbour 60 would be nice, and I might even go to that one) chuckle.

2. Define your goals and set your agenda. I think you'll be surprised how many ppl rush to get involved.

ybnormal

Registered Member

How about just joining a local Aquarium Club. There's Willowdale, Brampton (There's about 10 to 15 discus fans like me ;D), Hamilton (Mr. C. Drew has bred some of the best Pigeon Bloods I've seen in years ), Durham etc.

I also know a few breeders who've given up on the clubs as well.

Registered Member

Hi,

Tell me more about the clubs that already exsist. I am looking for pigeon blood discus. How do I contact Mr. Drew?

It seems like a few hobbyist are interested in forming a club. Bob Wilson is the man to start but he is a man with many hobbies. Coins, Stamps and horticulture. If I can get a few willing hobbyists to share their fishroom for the get together and chat about the discus once a month. That will be good enough to start. Let me see the hands. and togehter we can form a club. In several attempts. I had many people express interest but never show up for the meeting. Right now I have many hobbyists sharing bulk purchases,their first spawns before going to the stores and exchange information in every aspects of the fishkeeping weekly but not an offical meeting. We can pick a central location like a Tim Horton to meet and have a coffee and then whoever interested can go over to look at the fishroom of one of the member and talk about the fish and their set-ups. No Agenda and no committments. Just a group of crazy discus nuts get together and share their pride an joy together.
    Jimmy.

Real Name
    James (Jim) Shedden

I'm in on it............just let me know so i can plan accordingly

jim

Jim: Your pair is still waiting for you to pick up. You may have a few more pairs to choose from. Where are these people who bought fish from LFS? We don't have enough to supply to all stores in T.O. alone. Where have they gone to?
    Jimmy

Real Name
    James (Jim) Shedden

I am trying to get there Jimmy. It has been nuts here.........I did 3 ice fishing shows in 1 day........its a tough job but someone has to do it.

Are you saying you have more fish? I have a freind who wants a pile..........let me know. I am rescheduling my schedule....... ;D.

Jim

Hi Jimmy, I'll be there too!. Just let us know when?. I know Bob Wilson from when I was a member Of N.A.D.S. Been to his house to view his fishroom in the basement. He has a pretty cool tank built into the wall.

Ice fishing???? Where? We have a very warm winter. It's 3 degree C. today. Grass is still green here. My snow blower is still in storage.(quarantine).
    Yes, 10 breeding pairs with fry. Make room for new stocks. and 1000 quarter size coming up. in a couple of weeks. Call Tran and reserve. I'll keep some for myself too.
    Jimmy.

Registered Member

Jimmy,

I would support this.

I met some nice people the last time we tried.

Bob,
    Upper Canada Discus.

Real Name
    James (Jim) Shedden

Jimmy.............12" of ice
    I'd rather be in a boat

jim

Registered Member

Hi Jimmy, I live in the GTA and would be interested. Please let me know. Thanks.

Farzad

Registered Member

Hi JimmyL,

Are your yellow pigeon blood fry available yet? I would love to pick-up two and see what else you have. I am downtown TO.

Thanks

Wayne: I think he is away for a while. He is shutting down his system for a month. He gave me the rest of his fish last week for safe keeping until he comes back. He sold all the babies to a fish store in Dixie road and Dundas.
    Peter.

Registered Member

Thanks for the update!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast