ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Louis Vuitton Cup !!

Registered Member

Default Louis Vuitton Cup !!

I was just wondering if anyone here is following this race? I would think that our Australian friends are getting pretty good coverage of these races. The OLN network in Canada is giving us fairly good coverage. Being a Canadian with no entry from here, I'm rooting for Prada. Anyone else???
    Pierre

Default Re:Louis Vuitton Cup !!

Hey,
    I am following the races, but there isn't any TV coverage here until the final round of the LVC, because we don't get OLN or ONL or whatever it is. I am an avid Laser racer all around the Southeast and I also race Thistles throughout the country with my family. Other boats I've raced a lot include lightnings, 420's, soverel 33's, and Flying Scots. Im' sailing in college next year too. Do you sail???
    Brad

Registered Member

hey Brad,
    No, I don't sail, however all my 3 children do. They sail Laser's & L2"s mainly. My sons were the 16 & under provincial champs about 3 or 4 years ago!! My oldest son is now an instructor at our Yaht Club. Were you in Lounenberg Nova Scotia this summer for the Worlds?
    Pierre

hey,
    No, i was unable to atten the worlds this summer even though i qualified. I had previous plans, so oh well. However, next summer I am taking a trip to do Sail Coach. It's a three week training session with the European Olympic coaches with a regatta each weekend. One local regatta, one national regatta, and then the world champs. I can't wait to go. I'm also going to sail in college for whichever school I decide to go to.
    Brad

Registered Member

I watch the L.V. race whenever it's on the tele'. Some great tactitions on those boats.
    Too cumbersome to race anything small nowadays!!!!

We did win the Mount Gay Rum race two years on the trot-
    2000/01 but we were sailing a Oceanis 521.
    Now that's my sort of sailing, floating gin palace, Ha Ha.
    Regards
    Mick M.

Registered Member

LOL Mike, sounds like fun ( with rum!!).
    Pierre

i'm more of a small boat sailor...i was at a 420 regatta in TN this weekend and I sail Lasers, Thistles, and Lightnings on the Southeast circuits. Next year I'll be sailing collegiately so that'll be a blast.
    brad

Registered Member

Just a sec ... I'll look out the window....

Nah no race today again winds too lite or too strong ;D ;D

Its really funny seeing them practising for the last 3 years and then no one gets to race when they want...

Yep Everyone here watches every race religiously (as much as you can and still hold a job) :-\

peety