AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooklyn 10/08

Default Brooklyn 10/08

Some of the posters who made it out to Brooklyn this evening.......

Default Re:Brooklyn 10/08

I wish I could've been there!
    So, do we get a who's who?
    I recognize some but not all!
    Thanks for sharing the pic....hope you had a good time!

Registered Member

Yeah- How was it Slick? frank

Registered Member

Hello,

Well, just to start things off, I'd like to say that it was a good time for me and my daughter.

Really nice meeting everyone, especially meeting Cary for the first time and talking to him in person instead of over the phone. A few words about Cary Strong, having never met the man I would have to say he treated me and my daughter like a real friend even though this was the first time my daughter and I have met him. A real gentlemen and down to earth guy who I'm glad to have finally met in person and chat with for a little while. I aslo would like to say that everyone else that we met were also terrific but please excuse me as I did not get everyone's name.

Now as far as who's who. I'm John aka. BoxerDad and I'm standing in the back row, second one in on the left, to the right of David Webber. My daughter Alex is in the first row in front of me.

Hope to get togther again soon, maybe in CT. at Al's

Frank
    It wasn't the most informative meeting, but it did explain the fish capture process for wilds, which I had only partial knowledge of....
    The people were great, and they did auction off a wide variety of fish.....
    I didn't pick any up.....waiting to see what the brewmaster has in store for us on the 23rd
    It was nice to meet Cary in person...he's good people....... I didn't get a chance to speak with Tyler, but you can see why everyone on the board likes him... he's a good peop's as well.....
    and that's all I have to say about that......

Registered Member

Thanks for the kind words Slicksta! Well, just to start it off, i have to say i had an awesome time! It was really great to meet some people from this forum......and actually get to know them a little better. The people i really got to chat with were Randy and Tracey, Cary, Joe, BoxerDad and his daughter, and a little bit with Dave Webber. I sat behind Cary and Randy for the presentation.....and i found my self laughing a number of times.....if anything, it was entertaining! But seriously, Dave and Joe put on a great presentation, and i found it interesting.
    Joe also went the extra mile for me......he GAVE me a BEAUTIFUL Leopard snake. It's truly an awesome fish....and i never could have afforded to buy it myself, so thanks Joe!!! The fish is settling pretty good into its 20 gal. Q tank, so hopefully it will be fine by tomorrow. I'll get pics when i see that hes ready.......thanks again Joe, i love him!

Tyler

p.s. And if you can't figure it out, im the small guy in the front middle .

Registered Member

From left to right ( Back Row)
    David Webber, John Appuza, Randy, Cary, Joe Szelesi.
    Front Row Left to Right
    Sticksta (?) John's Daughter(alex), Tyler, Ellen ( breeder who lives on LI).
    I was there but missed out on the photo shoot, :P :P 8) 8)
    It was interesting, And Fun putting faces on posters, Everyone was really nice and friendly, and it felt like you knew them for years.
    There was about 100 people there, they had a auction, of about 50 fish, everything from apple snail, breeding cones, CBW( blackworms with trays), and about 20 Discus, One of Joe's Discus went For $100 (something he called a Giant Floridian? said it came from Viet Nam a real large Beauty).
    I left about 11:30 and the auction was still going.....

The Next interesting presentation will be by Dr Wellfish (american Pharm.?) on how to diagnose and treat diseases in fish that's on Fed 14.

chuck

PS: Gary was there also, but camera shy also.

Pretty cool....wish i was there. im starting to feel like im living
    on the wrong coastline!! missing all the get togeathers.
    waaaaa.
    Tyler...your a lucky boy...getting a nice new fishie....

Chuck

Thanks......I'm terrible with names..... :
    ....sorry I missed you in the pic....next time....I'll be more evasive and take some undercover pics.....we should have taken the group one earlier.....
    hope your coming to the N/E.....should get some good ones there.....especially if brewmiester has a tasting.......

John

Registered Member

For Chuck,

Hey Chuck , you should have stayed. I gave my daughter your tickets and she won one of the door prizes. Some Wardley flake foods, a 1999 TFH mag, and some flyers. There here if you want them!!!!! Very nice meeting you, hope we can get togther again and talk discus. If things don't change at this end I hope to go to Al's. Your more than welcome to swing by here, leave your car and go with me.

I'll keep in touch, take care and have a nice weekend.

John Apuzza

Registered Member

JOhn,
    That's Great!!!
    No way... She can have them, I gave the tickets to her!!!! Hope she enjoys them, What year was the Fish Mag? LOL
    chuck

Real Name
    Willie

Slicksta;

Nice picture. How did you get it so big? Everything I post shows up tiny.

Willie

Hello:

Although we did not get into any pictures my wife and I were at the meeting. I did get to meet Cary and David. Joe we know personally, I've been to his hatchery twice. I picked up a Red Spotted Green from David nice fish and it's doing much better today. All in all it seemed like a nice time was had by everyone. David's talk on catching wilds was interesting. I'm disappointed Chuck that I didn't get to meet you since we are practically neighbors. Randy I had planned to come over and introcuce myself more than once but somehow It just didn't work out that way sorry.

John G

Willie

I use Brew's method two.......
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index...d=1430;start=0

hmmmm..... a lot of Johns there last night....and into discus in NY..... ;D

John

Registered Member

Gosh I can't beleave I missed a few of you guys... :-\
    I was so over whelmed with The Skeletons of the seal and porpose and the mounts of the sword fish , tuna, and sea turtles not to mention the narwal tusk decorating the walls and floor. And a room full of faces who I never seen in my life maybe we should have wore Simply discus t's
    I'll make sure I'll meet ya at al's....
    This Time I'l also bring a digital camera....
    John Appuza if your serious, it sounds good about car pooling either me or you driving... when It gets closer we'll talk.... I can pick up my fish then on the way back... ;D

chuck

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast