ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brooklyn 10/08

Default Re:Brooklyn 10/08

From what I heard it ws a great presentation and everyone had a great time there. Man i wished i could've gone to it. Its cool that you got a new discus to add to your collection Tyler. Its going to look great with your other discus. hey Tyler maybe you should show the picture of what Cary and Randy did to you LOL Great picture

Bruce

Registered Member

lol, heres that pic Bruce was talking about. An example of how nice to me Randy and Cary were last night.....lol, just kidden, they were great guys and I'm glad i got to meet them. They probably won't be able to reply here for a couple of days though, as they are still in NYC.
    About my fish.....hes looking pretty good, and seems to have all his color back. His fins seem to be burned a little however, by the ammonia in the bag. He was in there for a while.....so, is there anything i could do to help his fins to heal quicker? Or just wait it out?

Tyler

Tyler
    They got you good and your mom really caught the action well......
    It's great how discus people are just that........great.....
    As far as your fish.... I would wait it out....A little salt and heat could help, but I don't think it necessary, especially if there are no signs of stress.... I don't like Mela-fix...
    I can't remember who said it last night...I think it was Joe....but he doesn't like to put anything in the water, and I agree...
    Now post a pic of that beauty........
    John

Registered Member

John,
    I tend to think the same way, the less junk you put in your tank, the better. I have the heat up around 90, so maybe ill just leave him like that. Nothing beats a little heat and lots of water changes.
    Here is a pic of him i just snapped quickly. Now, let me warn you, this is a pretty bad picture. Once he heals up good, ill get some more light on the tank and really take some nice shots.......this one gives you the idea, although it does the fish no justice.

Tyler

Tyler

NICE
    He doesn't look that bad.....not that bad at all...... his fins should be back in a week or so....
    If he is out enough for you to take a pic.....that's a good sign
    If you like, you can give him to me for the next five or ten years and I'll nurse him back for you... ;D

Good luck........

Registered Member

Thanks John,
    I think he can stay right here in my tank :P . I've had him for a day, and I'm in love.....hes beautiful. Oh, and he kinda always has to be out for pics. Hes in a 20 Hex, barebottom. That really doesn't leave much space to hide .

Tyler

Man O Man!

What a place. What a city WOW!!!!!

It was great to meet everyone from NY I had a great time seeing the city and meeting all of you! Everyone was so kind to Me THANKS! we will meet again!
    and again.

Also a Big thanks to Dave webber for letting me crash at his Pad! right in the heart of the city. Thanks Dave Your tea was Tasty :P not to metion the wide selection of quality wilds on wilds with fry! ;D

THANKS boxer John, slick John, tango John, tyler, tyler's mom, Chuckster,Joe,randy,tracy
    And Everyone else that showed up that I met in Atlanta.
    EVERYONE WAS GREAT! to me THANKS again.

Tyler,
    That discus was baged for 15 hours or more lots or w/cs salt and some melafix will get him good as gold in a week or less.
    IME the melafix will help promote fin genaration faster.

BYE Everyone!
    TakeCare'
    Cary Gld!

great pics!! Heh...my two sons togeather!! "He aint heavy hes my brother".
    signed.... MOM . LOL ;D 8)

Registered Member

For Boxerdad and chuck,
    Really nice to meet your guys, oh, and Boxerdad's daughter. This is my first time to join the discus fans' meeting. It was an great experience. But I didn't buy any discus, because I didn't have enought cash and they don't receive credit card ;D ;D. Forgot to mention the discus book was also great. I hope I will get one later. Do your guys planning to go to Al's place on 23rd? I hope he will have enough discus for auction. I really want to expand my collection.
    By the way chuck, I am not camera shy. I left 5 min. early to catch the train. I hope we will take more pictures in AL's place.
    For Cary,
    Really nice to see your there, but I am little shy. : :I didn't get the chance to talk to you. I hope you will go to Al's place too on 23rd.
    Gary

gary

you were like a ninja....you came in like the wind, and left in the blink of an eye...
    grasshopper....no need to be shy....
    I am going to be on a photo mission at Al's......no prisoners....

Registered Member

Cary,
    I'm fine with the w/c, but how much salt should i add? Do i redose the salt after each w/c? Also, do i redose with Melafix after each w/c???
    Thanks a bunch

Tyler

p.s. Hope to see some of you again at Al's!

Registered Member

Tyler,
    Until Cary gets a chance to answer,
    the usual dose is 1 tablespoon of salt /10 gal. you only replace the salt removed when you do a water change.
    example if you remove 5 gal of water you add 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt with the replacement water. the same goes for the melafix.
    chuck

ps: 3 TEAspoons = 1 TABLEspoon

Registered Member

Thanks Chuck,
    When i have used it before, i did 1 tablespoon per ten gallons also..... so ill just do that again, and replace as neccesary with w/c.
    Thanks!!

Tyler

Hi all, well we finally made it home. Our flight back home was delayed almost 4 hrs so it made for a long day. We sure had a blast visiting the big apple for 4 days. It sure was an eye opening experience.
    We arrived there Friday afternoon and went to the hotel long enough to toss our suitcases onto the floor and to give Dave a call to get directions to his place. Dave thanks for your hospitality we sure had a good time. Dave sure has some sweet discus. He had several that Cary and I could of fought over. Dave dont forget me when you start to breed those special ones.............
    After grabbing a bite to eat and hanging a Dave's awhile we all jumped into Dave and Joe's vehicles for the ride to the meeting place at Coney Island and it only took us all of 10 minutes to get lost and end up in Queens HAHA.
    We finally made it to the New York Aquaruim where the meeting was being held at. I must say Dave and Joe did a fine job and even after Cary and I had threatened several times to heckle them we decided to be nice and act like grownups and not children which was very hard for the both of us.
    It sure was nice meeting everyone and know I missed more than a few but trying to talk to 100 people within a few hours that happens....How about name tags next time........
    Tyler it was really fun meeting you and your mom. I hope I didnt get you in any trouble with your mom. I'm sure she thinks we are all a little bit crazy. Keep on her about going to Cinici.....
    After the meeting the better half and I stayed another 3 days enjoying the sites around town. I must say that is one wild town...I understand now why the saying for New York city is "The city that never sleeps"
    I will try to post some pics in a few days..............

Randy

PS Cary thanks for the gifts

Registered Member

Randy,
    Glad to hear you and Tracy got back safely! Bet after a couple days in the city, your ready to get back home and rest.
    Mom says shes happy to hear your home.......and i just reiterated how imported cinci is to her!!! lol. I actually have a couple questions about it, so maybe ill send you pm......
    It was great to meet you both, hope to see you again soon!

Tyler

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast