AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Bio-Aquatics Shipping...

citizenal

Default Bio-Aquatics Shipping...

Hello all I was wondering if anyone knows the owner personally of bio-aquatics. After buying some products and reviewing the prices of shipping I dont see why if you live 2 hours away that you should pay 90 dollars for overnight shipping for 80 lbs of food. Couldnt you just send the frozen food ground? They charge you a 5.25 to pack it with dry ice so why cant they just charge you 10.00 and put the food in a bigger box and alot more dry ice? This seems pretty logical to me and I definetly would buy more food with the extra money I saved. Does anyone else feel this way?? Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Oh, by the way, regarding feeding mysis shrimp to discus, do the adult and baby fish eat it or just the adult. I havent had much luck with the young fish, only the 5.5's and above?

Registered Member

Default Re:Bio-Aquatics Shipping...

citizenal!
    I don't know the the owner but won't they let you come by and pick it up and save the $90.00 shipping cost? If not take the $90.00 for shipping, add 20 pounds to your order and contact Frank Suerth at Fish King Inc at (773) 736-4974 and tell him what food you need. If it's Mysis he sells it to me for $3.20 for 8 oz. Beefheart $3.90 lb, Bloodworms 2.2 lbs $8.00 When I purchase 100 pounds of frozen food for my Discus he ships it to me for free. I just pick it up at the airport. Frank is in Chicago and I am in Phoenix, Arizona. By the way what size are the babies. Mysis may be to big for small babies but adults eat it just fine.
    George

citizenal

Actually, the babies are 2.5 inches to 3.5 inches, I just havent gotten the smaller ones to eat and was just wondering if the adults are the only ones that eat them.. Thanks for the info, I will look into it. And btw I meant that since I am only 2 hours away wouldnt it be more logical to pack the frozen food in a bigger box and just ship it out with twice as much dry ice and ship it ground. I wouldnt mind paying an extra 10.00 for the bigger box and dry ice and would save money by not paying overnight.. Sounds logical.. NO?

Why not give Walter , the owner a call, and see if you can work something out. He is a very pleasant person to talk to. I will forward him the link to this this thread.

-al

Hey George,
    I'm interested in this fish king outfit. Do they have a website or are they a wholesaler?

Thanks for info,
    RandalB

I only about 15 minutes from Walter and wanted to order from him and go pick it up. I wanted 80 lbs of frozen bloodworms. He said they are mail order only and it would cost me $1.00 per pound to have it delivered, so I skipped it and went somewhare else. It didn't make a lot of sense to me, but if that is his ploicy so be it. I ordered from John at Jhemco.

Registered Member

I am also very close to Pasadena. I asked about picking up my order because it's inconveniant for it to be delivered to my house while I'm at work. I was told this is not an option and I have since ordered from other sources.

Oh well. I thought it would be really nice to have a local shop with good prices and variety.

Dan

Jeff,
    John at jehmco sells Bloodworms? I've gotten my mysis there in the past.

-al

Al,

Frozen mysis yes, and bloodworms were freeze dried.

citizenal

Hey george, that bloodworm deal 2.2 lbs for 8.00. Exactly what type of blood worms are they? I am willing to try new blood worms as long at there are less than 20% dead or white blood worms. Do you know the brand exaclty. Thanks. And like the post below, do they have a website. ?
    Thank alot.

citizenal

Check out this link, seems like a really good deal for bloodworms. The next time I order some bloodworms I am going to give this place a shot. The only concern I have is that it is coming from canada? Well if anyone purchases from this company in the future a post would be of great help.
    AL.

citizenal