ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: BAD WATER

Default BAD WATER

HI ALL
    JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE ON YHE NORTH AND NORTHWEST SIDE OF CHICAGO TO DOUBLE CHECK THERE WATER WHEN DOING A WATER CHANGE THIS WEEK AFTER THE 2 LARGE WATER MAIN BREAKS THERE IS A LOT OF CRAP COMING OUT OF THE PIPES HARDNESS OUT OF THE TAP IS UP TO ALMOST 500PPM AND THE PH IS 9.2
    CHESTER

Default Re:BAD WATER

WOW! hope everyone sees that post, & wish you all good luck. Have you posted in the main forum? Dottie ???

They've also cut off the UV serilizers for the winter and added more Chlorine too. Starting to get nasty around here..........

RandalB

Real Name
    Brian

I think that preyy much goes for everyone this time of year. For the past 3 weeks my tap water has been really murky and even brown at times. My water dish for my cats actually has mud in the bottom of it so I now give them RO water.

I think our situation has to do with the change of seasons when the thermal-clines (sp) roll the water and sediment. I really can't believe our water has met any kind of standards recently...

Have you guys been in the path of this big storm? Has wreaked havoc, & I'm sure will be reflected in the ground water all 'round for a while. Hope things improve. Dottie : :

Registered Member

I have not noticed a difference in water quality lately but I guess it only takes one bad day to ruin a lot of nice fish. Sometimes I think testing the water out of the tap all the time is more importaint than testing the tank water. garbage in garbage out right?