AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Natural Aquarium Vital, any experience?

Registered Member

Default Natural Aquarium Vital, any experience?

Hi all,

I have a planted to a discus show tank, and am wondering if anyone has had experience with the Marc Weiss product Natural Aquarium Vital?

My show tank is 55 gallon, with 2 48" VHO lights, wet/dry filter and I don't think there is enough CO2 in the system (plants turning brown) given the massive w/d system. I only have 3 5" discus in the tank with a couple of cory's. I don't want to risk direct CO2 injection, but might consider some DIY system if this product doesn't work.

Any opions? (I'd be surprised if there isn't!!! :-) )

TIA!
    Terry

Registered Member

Default Re:Natural Aquarium Vital, any experience?

Hi Terry,
    I have tried that product but it was a long time ago. I remember not noticing much of an improvement especially for the cost and amount to use in my 75g. You have to be careful with some of the additives because I bought that Jungle Fizz Factory but when I read the directions it said not to be used in soft water or certain hardness parameters which most discus tanks are kept at.
    Hope that helps somewhat

Registered Member

Default Re:Natural Aquarium Vital, any experience?

Your plants aren't liking the wet dry filter, as it is releasing the co2 from the tank water. Extra co2 injection would be pointless as it would just escape into the atmosphere.
    I use an internal canister filter. for my current planted set up, granted there are no Discus in this tank. Just Cardinals and corries, oh and a bristle nose.
    I am just about to embark on replanting my Discus tank, I will use an external eheim ecco and a Fluval 4 internal. I will agitate the water as litltle as posible.

Do you use any substrate fertilizers?