AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Pictures of my spawn/discus

Registered Member

Default Pictures of my spawn/discus

Though that you guys might be interested in pictures of my discus and eggs. (Ignore the poop on the bottom of the tank... I get worried about syphoning it out when they're taking care of eggs!).

http://members.shaw.ca/simonwong7/discus/

(One of these days I'll get around to making a website..)

Default Re:Pictures of my spawn/discus

Congretulations. you have a successful spawn. Close to 150 wrigglers. Is it their first successful spawn? Good experience female with eggs close together that made the job of the male a lot easier. Select a few very clean babies and continue the line. F4 will be very clean golden canary. This will keep you busy for the next 5 years. Have fun.
    Jimmy.

Registered Member

That one was their 2nd spawn. I am kinda curious about the fry though. I've noticed that if I keep the fry with the parents longer, there's not as much peppering?

I now have 4 batches (100+ in each), and the most peppered fry are the ones that I separated 2 weeks after the spawn. The cleanest ones are the ones I left for over a month.

I'll post some pictures

P.S. Do you know what these discus are called?

Hi Simon!!

congrats on your success!! I hope the fries make it. It looks like you have pigeon blood, but I could be wrong.

kokebon

They're Golden. A bright light and a white background will reduce the amount of peppering.

Jimmy