AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Leaking Fluval

Default Leaking Fluval

Can anyone help me with a leaking Fluval 204 problem? The filter is about a year old and had been working fine. After completing regular maintenance (changing filter floss) and reassembling the canister it leaks around the handle closures. I assume the rubber gasket has gone bad. Has anyone had the same experience and remedied it? If it is the gasket where can I get a new one? Thanks for any suggestions.

Registered Member

Default Re:Leaking Fluval

Fluvals do tend to leak... Did you check out any of the online places that sell them for spare parts? Other than that I would contact the manufacturer directly. I believe they can help you.

John

I will give that a try. If I can't get it fixed any opinions on a better replacement?

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

I've taken all my fluvals our of service and replaced them with aqua clears. Perhaps an Aqua Clear 300 will suit your needs. They are very inexpensive in the online catalogs like www.petsolutions.com
    Carol .

Registered Member

I have taken my fluval and chucked it in the garbage. All sorts of impeller problems and other problems. When I sent an email to Hagen they told me to send it to them and they will take a look. I asked about shipping expenses and they told me to pay for shipping. Alternatively they said I could return it to an LFS who will send it to hagen without me paying shipping. I just got fed up and threw it in the garbage and attached an eheim instead.

I found the replacement gasket online, with shipping I'm looking at about $10 bucks. Guess I'll give that a shot and if still leaks, cut my losses and purchase one of the above mentioned units.

Thanks everyone for the input!