AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Pleco cave for Jimmy L

Default Pleco cave for Jimmy L

Two flower pot bottoms/trays siliconed or epoxied together for bristlenose spawn. These are about 4 inches in diameter..hole about 2 cm in diameter.
    You'll probably have to glue pieces of the trays back together after you break them making the hole..LOL..at least I did.

Default Re:Pleco cave for Jimmy L

thanks. Is that all they need for 2 cm. it seems to be the Pleco male is quite wide across his body. what I can do is to lift the tank up with 2 pieces of 2X4 so that I can see through the bottom to check the development of eggs.

Jimmy.

Default Re:Pleco cave for Jimmy L

My albino bristlenose are dwarf..so the 2 cm hole is plenty big. The cave has a solid bottom so you can't see under it. Two flower pot lids..like a clam.
    Just point the hole toward the front of the tank and you can take a flashlight and look in there and see what's going on.

I guess you could use just one though..Using two is what I was told so I always did.. They'll probably spawn in a beer can if you put it in the tank..lol....

On a sad note..I just killed about 200 baby albino bristlenose and all my adults but 1 male and 2 females a couple of months ago with Fluke Tabs. Didn't hurt my angels or discus one bit but man, it hammered the cats. The adults haven't spawned yet since then. Bummer. I swear I kill more fish than disease does.