AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: I Never Realized...

Default I Never Realized...

how much work goes into artifically raising fry!!!! Oh man I've been running around all morning like a chicken with my head cut off!! Had to make the egg yolk's, had to mix the furan 2,had to get another storage container set up for water changes, had to find a heater and air pump, it goes on and on and on. I'm ready to go back yo bed and it's not even Noon.

The fry are eating the mixture and everything is looking great!!!

Darcy

Oh crap now my freakin cat knocked over the bbs and is having lunch!!!

citizenal

Default Re:I Never Realized...

You know what you can do to sort of ease your pain is hatch bbs and freeze them. What I do is reuse the hikari 3.5 oz cube trays with freshly hatched bbs and water, this way they still have their yolk sack unused and thus have a higher nutrutional value. I try to make 100 cubes at a time as to save me some headache. You can also use http://www.mreed.com/fryfoods.shtml, and frozen cyclop-eeze.

Darcy: Put your head back where it belongs. How old are the fry now. if they're 2 days old, e-mail me. I have a care free way to raise them while you're away from home for 10 hours a day. Don't blame the cat. He's just trying to help. Ask him for advice if needed. I always do. My cat supervise everything I do. Check every single tank and water test for me by drinking from it. If it's safe to drink, it should fine for my fish.
    Jimmy.

Jimmy just sent ya an email! I just seen your post as I had to find my head!!!! Talk to you soon!
    Darcy

Registered Member

Darcy; good to hear you got fry!
    i hope you will share JimmyL's advice.
    Jimmy, I had a parrot just like your cat; followed me, watch everything and tried to steal the fishfood away from the discus when they were fed. One day a discus grapped one of the parrots tail feathers and pulled him itno the tank. What a noise!!! mind you the parrot did put up a good fight....
    .....First time i every saw a discus " smile "...

Smokey

Smokey
    thanks I would have prefered the parents to raise them but how does that song go... "you can't always get what you want"!! Oh yeah I don't horde advice!! I have been emailing Jimmy and Al(brewmaster) alot, both have great advice and are kind enough to share it with anyone!!!!
    I would have loved to see that parrot hit the water!!!!
    Darcy