ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Calendar is functional

Default Calendar is functional

Many of you may have seen this at DAAH. I decided to enable it based on all the events that have been taking place lately both with auctions and society meetings, and the personal meetings that board members are setting up.

As you can see at the top of the forum, on the menu bar, there is now a "Calendar" icon. Click this and you'll be shown the current month/day. You can click "Post Event" to add your own event. Remember, if the event is in a different month (let's say January 2003) you first have to select the January 2003 calendar, then click "Post Event."

First you will be asked for an event day and title. Then it asks you how many days the event lasts (some things are weekend events, some are week-long events, some are just one day, etc.)... Then when you submit this, you'll be automatically sent the compose a message in the "Events Locator" section. You must fill this out in order for the entry to work. The message should basically just tell everyone what the event is and give the date/time/location. Then when you hit Post, your calendar entry will show up in the calendar.

Also, if you look at the main page of the board, down near the bottom where the Online members list is located, you will see that the Calendar has its own section where it displays birthdays, events, and holidays (where applicable) for the current day.

Ryan

Registered Member

Default Re:Calendar is functional

mmm! lot of busy mums on july 17th..LOL

LOL Pascale, let me explain that.

On July 17th our forum was converted to a different software. When that happened, anyone who hadn't filled in their birthday info in their profile automatically got set to July 17th (the day the forum was updated)... This is because of some glitch in the conversion process... Well, for the year it put in 2002 (the current date)...

So next year on July 17, all those people who never filled in their birthday prior to the forum update will officially turn 1 year old, according to the software that is! lol

Everyone should click "Profile" at the top of this page and either enter your birthday, or delete the numbers in the birthday section and leave it blank. If you leave it blank, you just won't ever show up.

Ryan

cool. suppose we can fill in ones we know for others?
    lol
    i could fill in a few...

Wow I love it Ryan....

Really neat to see everyones birthday's..... Did you all know....

Carol_Roberts Birthday was yesterday. ( Happy Birthday Carol! )

Tylers's birthday is on St. Patty's day...

Gipper's on Feb 28th (hmmmmm I wonder if it is really the 29th and he is a lot yourger than we all know)

lemme see...

jim_shedden's is on Earth day, and............

Glenn is actually older than you think.

Mr. GLD himself is younger than I thought (1/13)

Weezy is not listed in the May calendar.... :-\ ???

And a whole lot of people (as Pascale mentioned) listed under 7/17 as 1 year olds.
    (Hey including MR. CBW himself. hmmm do we trust a 1yr old with our precious CBW's?)

Should I go on? :-\ Everyone get your birthday's updated... don't be shy! and then check it out.....

Thanks Ryan....

Julz runs and hides when she got to Sept 2003 eeeeek......

well the day is neat...but not the year...
    can we fix that part ryan?
    month and day but not year?

If people leave the year blank, it will show their birthday but not their age.

Ryan

Registered Member

This is a great feature. Thanks for applying it.

Registered Member

Ahhh Pril, do I detect a bit of vanity ???
    lolololollolololololol......
    However, that may be a good idea, as some of us "fossiles" still want to impress the women ! hahahahahaha. no, really.

LOl smokey. yeah....well i wont admit to being a fossil...too bad you just did.....come on then...come clean . how old of a fossil are you?
    you were the right age for ookpics...i know that anyhow.LOL. 8) ;D So that makes you "OOKPIC AGE" :