ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: New fish....

Default New fish....

Willie, Julz, Denny and I (forgive me for those I did not mention) all got new babies!!!! Someone else will have to post what they are, I can't remember.... haha.... but here is a picture of them. Mine is about 1 to 1 1/2 inches big- so they are tiny!!!!! They are so cute and very lively ;D

Default Re:New fish....

another picture....

great weezy..they look great. congrats!!
    and everyone else who got them.
    you guys are now learning the sharing shipping game. lol.
    far more fun right?
    like xmas.

Real Name
    Willie

These are Heckel X Red Alenquer babies that Yvan Alleau spawned. Jeff Doty arranged for shipping them and did a great job. They were shipped Monday morning and I picked them up at the Delta Dash office Monday evening. The water in the bags were still warm -- first time I experienced this with fish shipments. I mean, they were warm to the touch and it was around 30F that day in Minneapolis.

Its tough to get a picture of the babies, but you can see that they're all very high finned. They're also quite red when you see them against a white background. After 2 days of acclimation, they've been pounding down the beefheart big time.

Great job, Jeff & Yvan!

Willie

Hey, those little guys look familiar!!

Glad they are doing so well. Always nice to get some feedback on the discus and the shipping.

Please keep us updated on their progress. We kept a few also, so it will be really neat to watch them grow. I think they will have a lot of potential. Not to mention, if we can get them to pair up eventually, there should be some really nice F2 generation fry!

Here is a picture of Mom (Alenquer) and Dad (Heckel Blue Face).

Congratulations to you all, and thank you again. It was so nice dealing with you!

Jeff
    Oregon

Registered Member

Hey Jeff,
    Did they spawn again? They must have..........

Registered Member

1 question: how old are they and what's the size of them now? 1.5 - 2"?

Registered Member

So cute! I love that black bar in the head. I can't wait to see what they'll look like.

Real Name
    Willie

Check out DJ's pictures of the ones he picked up.

Willie

Nice Pics Weez..
    Not taking any of mine until they settle a bit more. Got home today, and they are rather dark, and not too active... Eating tho, so is good. I did a 50% w/c and added salt tonight. Am hoping tomorrow they will snap back.... Poor babies

Just love the Pics of the Parents, Jeff. Thanks to you and Yvan for a great deal, on some great fishies.

Yes... Denny took some great pics of these guys, hope I can do the same... :P

Julz

Those are beautiful parents Jeff!!!! I am so glad I got the opportunity to be a part of the order!!! Mine look fantastic and are very active!!!! I love the high fin!!!! Denny's pictures blow mine away!!!! He got some good ones, so I hope you have viewed his thread....
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index...;threadid=4668

Thanks so much for posting a picture Jeff!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Registered Member

wezey did u see my question? ???

No Sly... I didn't. I'm sorry!!!!!! Mine are 1 to 1.5 inches big and I think they are 6-8 weeks old???? Willie may know this answer, I am not sure on how old.

Sly,

Sorry, I missed your question too. They are about 3 months old, and ranged in size from 1.5 inches to 2.5 inches.

They seem to be slow growing, and I think as F1 discus they will also mature slowly.

The parents are about 4.5 inches, body only, average size.

Jeff
    Oregon

Registered Member

thanks wezey & Jeff..IMO their growth is too low..their eyes are a little too big..do keep us updated on the fish in a month later. Hope no offence is taken.