ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Wilds

Default Wilds

So I was talking to my LFS guy the other day and he told me he can get wild discus for about half the price of tank-bred discus. I was actually pretty amazed at the idea of that. Their normal discus run $30-90. So how much do ya'll pay for your wilds and what kind do u recommend for me if I'm going to mix them in with my other fish eventually? Also, should I get smaller or larger fish?
    brad

Registered Member

Default Re:Wilds

The same goes for my LFS they usally have wilds for 50 for adult fish and mated pairs for 150.

A discount pet store in So.NJ had 2 tanks of adult brown discus. The one tank contained "show"discus for $75; the other had "champion show" discus for $100. Didn't look too bad, but it's whatever the market will bear. lol, Dottie ;D ;D

yuck...i thought they'd be cheaper. What size do most of ya'll prefer?

Brad,

Wild caught discus are almost always sold as adults or near adults.
    The cheapest I have ever seen them for was $50.

HTH ;D
    Lynn

Registered Member

It really depends on the quality and type of the wilds you are getting... not to mention how long they have been in the shop. My lps had some really nice tefes in that she sold me at cost... the owner is a friend of mine... She was going to sell them for $59 each at 3-4 inches. I have seen in the past that wild usually go from 35-100$ in the shops. Then again I heard that some lps were selling cardinal at $5 each!

well if i get these, they'd have to do a special order for me so doubt they'd give me a discount. I'll get back when i know the prices...
    brad