AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue Diamond Origin

Registered Member

Default Re:Blue Diamond Origin

Cary,

Feel free to play history professor or geneticist any time! I love this stuff!

John

Registered Member

Hey cary thanks for that lesson. ;D

Real Name
    Walter

Cary quoted some of that from the book, "Malaysia Discus" page 29. The book also has the background/ origins of these strains:

Golden pg 27
    Ghost pg 28
    Snakeskin pg 30
    Rose Red pg 32
    Leopard Snake Skin pg 33
    White pg 34

Nice book, profiles a lot of discus breeders in Malaysia and their fish and it's in Chinese and English.

Is this book in April's library yet?

Walter

Registered Member

Btw, I recieved my super brillants from Marc weiss... I believe they were ww22... anyway maybe they weren't pure super brillants at the time... who knows with those fish... The first pair of blue diamonds(actually 2 pair) went for $10,000 not $5,000 each. It made a huge stir and most doubted the price... In aquararama magazine for 1991 they gave Mr. lo great praise for the blue diamond... Marc Wise claims that sunny created it... not refined it. My pair of super brills gave me around 5% of blue diamond babies that I raised up in 1992. I received a translated fax from Lo wing Yat in 92... telling me of his crosses that he used. The super brillant was the refined product of the blue cover... rebreed and rebreed until some of the pairs... I believe 2... produced these translucent fry(the blue diamond) If wwff didn't create the blue blue diamond, they sure as heck capitalized on them( babies for 100's each and pairs for $10,000) And back in the day they sure had everyone convinced they produced them... I am sure it is the same with many strains. Put out a genitic line that has the potential to create something new, several produce this line and then you have peope wanting to be the sole creator(GOD)

Registered Member

ps... the tangerine they created was nothing like the tangerine of today. Look back at TFH from sometime in the 1990's... I recieved some of them and they were basically like a nice red turq... kinda like the red diamonds.

Btw, I recieved my super brillants from Marc weiss... I believe they were ww22... anyway maybe they weren't pure super brillants at the time... who knows with those fish...( WHY IS THAT MOST TOP NOTCH bRILLIANTS BREED TRUE! )The first pair of blue diamonds(actually 2 pair) went for $10,000 not $5,000 each.( TOM I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A BREEDING PAIR. WHAT I DID SAY WAS THE FIRST BLUE DIAMOND DISCUS SOLD AT AQUARARAMA FOR $500.00 EACH US 2&quot It made a huge stir and most doubted the price... In aquararama magazine for 1991 they gave Mr. lo great praise for the blue diamond... Marc Wise claims that sunny created it... not refined it. TOM AGAIN! NO ONE (CREATED IT! IT WAS A RECESSIVE GENE THAT HAPPEN TO SHOW UP IN COBLAT SPAWNS. IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME) My pair of super brills gave me around 5% of blue diamond babies that I raised up in 1992. I received a translated fax from Lo wing Yat in 92... telling me of his crosses that he used. (IF YOU SAY SO! PUT IT IN WRITEING HERE.) The super brillant was the refined product of the blue cover... rebreed and rebreed until some of the pairs... I believe 2... produced these translucent fry(the blue diamond) NO TOM THE BRILLINT OR BLUE TURK WAS USED TO REFINE AND IMPROVE THE BD STRAIN. AGAIN THEY CAME FROM COBALT SPAWNS. AND COLBALTS CAME FROM BRILLIANT OR BLUE TURK SPAWNS.) If wwff didn't create the blue blue diamond, they sure as heck capitalized on them (I DID SAY THAT) babies for 100's each and pairs for $10,000) And back in the day they sure had everyone convinced they produced them... I am sure it is the same with many strains.( I AGREE TOM ) Put out a genitic line that has the potential to create something new, several produce this line and then you have peope wanting to be the sole creator(GOD) ( I AGRRE ON THIS TO.)

ALSO THE TANGARINE THAT MR LO CREATED IS THE ONE YOUR TALKING ABOUT. IT WAS A CROSS BETEWEEN A WILD ALENQUER X RED SPOTTED GREEN. NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PB FORM.

LIKE WAHTER SAID I QUOTED SOME OF MY INFO FROM MALAYISA DISCUS 1. GO READ FOR YOURSELF TO MANY INVOLVED IN THIS BOOK FOR IT NOT TO BE TRUE! I ALSO TALK TO MANY OF THE TOP ASAIN BREEDERS. AND FROM WHAT I HEAR MOST OF THEIR STORY'S ARE THE SAME AND STICK TRUE.

CARY GLD!

all sounds right to me....the way i understand genetics.
    i know one breeder i know gets a certain amount of cobalts out of his turquoise spawns. a small number. ;D
    thanks cary for the lesson. i know you've done a ton of research..and talked to many many knowledgeable asians.

Registered Member

thanks for the info, cary. there is never too much info on genetics as far as i am concerned. now, i am wondering where the yellow base on the angel b.d. is derived from? also, do the regular blue diamonds show yellow on their pec. fins and tails like the angels do?

denny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12