AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what would you do?

Default Re:what would you do?

What beautiful fish! I agree with Carol, I really like your pre-filter ;D That's the brand I use on all my AC's and they have made my life so simple. Just pull off, rinse, put back on. And I didn't have to cut up sponges, and they aren't as unattractive as the homemade ones either.

Let us know what happens with the pair. If the eggs are fertile and the fish get the parenting thing right, you'll end up with some handsome fry!

Ryan

well, it's been a little over 24 hours now....almost all of the eggs are still there and they aren't white....it looks like the eggs have some black on them(eyes?) or maybe i just "want them to have eyes"... :
    the female is still busy fanning the eggs...she almost never leaves them and when she does the male steps up to the plate...
    what is it, about 60 hours(2.5 days) for discus eggs to hatch?? so another day and a half...

Registered Member

So far so good. Keep those fingers crossed.

I think it depends on temperature?

Daniel

Default Re:most of the eggs turned white....

between about 4:00 am and now... :'( (must be a karma slap for hooking that fish up to a sled in the "you talking to me?" section....hahahaha)
    a couple questions: should i put their tank-mates back in the tank, so that they don't breed again too soon? or leave the two of them alone and let them keep going at it until they get it right....
    i read somewhere that if the eggs didn't turn white before 24 hours they were likely fertilized and then it was water condition....how likely is that?
    they're still fanning the eggs, so i might get a few wigglers tomorrow, but if i don't then i guess i don't know if they were fertilized by the male...

(edit)i just went and counted and there're about 30 eggs that still look good....maybe i'll still have a "very small spawn"

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

Nope, I've had unfertilized eggs stay golden for days. Any black eyes yet?
    Carol

i'm not sure carol....i've got about another 12 hours give or take....so, i'll either have a couple wigglers tomorrow morning, or nothing....either way it's been a learning experience, and next time i shall hold my tongue until i have wigglers.... ;D

how are they doing now David?
    let me know...how they do. they may do well seeming their wildish guys...
    i have an alencer and a mana pair who just laid. my alencer may be related to the one you got. he got it from mike?

unless i'm mistaken the alenquer's are from samson at universal, and the wild santarem was from david webber...
    i also got two red-spotted diamond snakes that Dave got from discus hawaii... ;D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12