ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Strange Sympthom

Default Strange Sympthom

I have a few fish that are acting strange.
    Usually this happens to one individual in a tank.
    The color would intensify, fins flare up nice, belly a bit buldgy, semi protruding anus, not eating well, and no white fecus. The fish in this condition acted like it wants to mate by arching its belly toward other fish. This will happen for about a week then eyes and belly bulge out and stops eating. It seem not to be very contagious because all the rest a doing fine. I usually don't treat but euthanize. But now my nice LSS is getting it and I would like to safe this fish and want to know if you have experience with this illness.

Thanks

Registered Member

Default Re:Strange Sympthom

I am not sure, but it could be Camallanus. This worm can be treated with Flubendazole in the food, and maybe in the water if they are not eating. Hold on for some further opinions. Frank

Registered Member

I think it's more likely to be bacterial. Sorry not had much desease in my Discus life.

They had the tedious flub. bath treatment about two months ago. No can do with the flub&food; the fish is not eating. What else could it be? Do you think organ damage from previous treatment?

Cary what do you think?

Thanks