ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Dark side strangled April!

Default Dark side strangled April!

Don....the dark side reached out of a box today..and grabbed me and stuffed me in that dark box!! a big pair of black hands!! but i got free. and weeds wrapped around my neck .! it was all very scary for me.!! but i saw a crack of light through the flaps of the box and squeezed through back into the light.

Don_Lee

Default Re:Dark side strangled April!

LOL April, did the plants arrive in good condition?? They may take over your tank.......but would never strangle you. We are kind souls here on the dark side, would never strangle a discus fairy......lol

Don ;D

Don.yes they got there in good shape as far as i can tell. and thank you. now..education please.....whats their name and how do i care for them? so they supposedly stick out of the dirt? or rocks? do they have roots? and surely i dont sit with those tweezers you guys play with and plant one stem at a time? no patience.....hence not the darkside. lol
    oh...and that is quite the name of the city you live in....does that mean its a very loving place to live? does it have a "lovers lane?" these are the questions i need to get answered!!!!

Don_Lee

April,

SO many questions..............You have to simply plant them in some substrate or weigh them down, they are more of a stem plant. It is hydrilla verticullata. Just stick them in some gravel, and away you go. Oh, and Loves Park is the city of Love, for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Don ;D

Real Name
    Walter

April, be sure to let us know how long the plants stay alive before you kill them off! hahaha!!! ;D

Walter.....my plants are all alive and well. ;D
    neglect goes a long way. only reason my duckweed died is i added salt.
    i just cram them under a huge rock to keep them down...and thats it . no fertilizer or anything. so far all my new plants i bought at the auction 3 weeks ago are still alive!!! ;D

Registered Member

Good going April. Soon you won't be able to hang aaround your old friends anymore. ;D

Registered Member

Welcome to the Darkside April. I'm sure you are making yourself comfy on this side. Now don't you dare bring your Lightside friends over, this place is getting crowded as it is with new comers. ;D

Cheers,

Chi.

PS: Good to see you have finally come to your senses.

:'( I tried so hard to hold onto her, and she just kept slipping away... Then she gets that box in the mail from Don and it pushes her right over the edge. Oh, the humanity! First Tyler, and now my April, too?

* Ryan hangs up his discus-keeper's hat and slowly walks away

Dont hang up your discus keepers hat ryan!!!!! i shall return to the light side!!!!! have no fear...April is here!!!!!
    LOL. do you need pics of my bare bottom tanks to believe im safe and secure on the light side?
    my discus are scared stifff of plants. never fear. i have put the scare into them if they EVER try plants....their out of here! and not to take the wrong artery in the river...as the further they go....the harder it is to get back to the right side of the river..and before they know it they will be in the bad part of the river...where the heckelers hang out!! the guys with the black belts on!!

Registered Member

Between you and me Ryan, she is in it much more deeper than she is aware of. Poor girl, she is so innocent and not even aware of the dark hold on her.

That's it Ryan, give up. It is no use fighing the dark side.

*evil laughter* follows .... hahahahah (sssheesh, i'm way too old for this crap) ;D

Cheers,

Chi.

Registered Member

Didn't Yoda once say something about having started down the path of the Dark Side that it would forever control your future?

What about Darth Vader? "You do not know the power of the Dark Side. I must obey my master..."

Both sound appropriate......and throughouly enjoyable. Welcome April! One recommendation...invest in some Flourish Tabs and stick one under your plants as deep as it will go. It's a non Nitrogen/Phosphate suppliment which will help your plants a lot.