ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: eating ice cream

Registered Member

Default eating ice cream

when eating ice cream, why is it a mandatory requirement to fold the full flap in first? it would be so much easier if you folded in the one with the cutout first.

this has always bugged me and i will never be able to completely enjoy the experience until i know the whole story

denny

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

Default Re:eating ice cream

What flap?
    Carol

I honestly think Denny has lost it....! and really think you have too much time on your hands, young man!!!.... ;D ;D ;D

Hey Denny.... GDAWC...... and then open the icescream box and commense!!!. Thats what us women do.... Enjoy... my friend...

Hey how them babies doin anyway?

Carol.....you either havent eaten enough icecream....or....your eating too much and buying it by the bucket instead of the box!!!! LOL. the end of the box.'
    i think its so they can stuff it all in there nice and flat...and not ooze out the half flap .
    whatever........lol Denny. yah...gdawc. then get a bucket of ice cream so it doesnt bother you quite so much. ;D

Registered Member

Ice cream in a box? I know the ones I've bought you rip the perforated area and lift the lid. No pre folding required...

This is such a bizarre topic...

I like it!

John

Registered Member

I saw this new thing from Black and Decker that makes your ice cream soft like Carvel. OOOOOHHHH- gotta get one! Frank

For easy scooping Frank...?
    If so I want one too.
    My sherbert is a bear to get out! I have to run the spoon under hot water before each shcoop.... >

Registered Member

Not quite sure what Denny is talking about either, since I buy my ice cream in a container that has a top to it. I'll take a look at the ice-cream section more closely next time I go shopping. ;D

But what I'm sure of is getting a nice taste of cherry cheesecake ice-cream or peanut butter ice-cream or cake and dough ice-cream in me mouth or just your plain ole vanilla ice-cream with some nice hot apple pie...yummmie.

If you haven't already clue in, the only thing I like more than Discus is great ice-cream.

Cheers,

Chi.

Registered Member

Chi,

Actually better than great ice cream is Jerry Baer's Italian Ices. They are UNBELIEVABLE. The flavors are perfect and incredibly brilliant.

I ate 3 of them.

John

Registered Member

Hey John,

Jerry Baer's Italian Ices?? Never heard of them. I'll look around and see if they have them here in Canada.

Is that flavour ice?? And are you suppose to use it in coffee or something?

Thanx. Now u got me all curious. I love me ice-cream, but sumthing better than ice-cream?????? ??? Is that possible?

Cheers,

Chi.

Registered Member

Chi,

You won't find them for retail sale. One of our members, Yogi, aka Jerry Baer, owns several local italian ice shoppes in Florida. I believe he does commercial sales...

Anyway, Jerry is the Italian Ice king!

My wife gives them a 10 plus on a scale of 1-10! And she has a very particular palette.

John

Registered Member

Jeez, now what kind of Italian name is Jerry Baer for an Italian ice! Where can I find some? Frank

Registered Member

Apparently Frank, it appears we have to head on over to John's home to try it.

So meet you there this Wednesday? ;D

Cheers,

Chi.

Registered Member

Get out the bowls John, here we come! ;D

I know what DJ is talking about Some boxes of ice cream don't have a perforated top "lid", you have to actually unfold the end of the box and scoop it out that way. And like April mentioned, there are two different shaped flaps... you fold the flat ones down first to hold in the ice cream so it does not ooze out of the box (in case it got all melty), then you fold the "locking" flaps over that one to hold the flat ones in place.

Ryan ;D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast