ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

View Poll Results: I amgoing to the new Titanium Heaters which size should i get for my 165gal tank

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heaters

Registered Member

Default Re:Heaters

Denny they where 26.53 for the Titanium and 21.41 for the Stainless steel . both are 300 watt I ordered them from www.wcaquatics.com.
    Deb

Registered Member

deb

im me on your opinions of which is better i had not seen the ss ones

denny

Registered Member

I don't know which is better, SS or Titanium. I recently bought 4 ViaAqua Stainless (300watt) and installed 2 in my new 150gal. I am very pleased ! They keep the temperature, and the dials (not digital) are reasonably accurate. The 2 300's keep the tank very stable.
    Cheers, Francisco.

I have changed over to the ViaAqua 300 watt Titanium. They do a good job and they all are consentent. They heat and maintain the temp. I also go to a local store and use indoor/outdoor temp guages., takes they guess work out of the temp. Think they cost 9.00 each, sure beats reading floating therms.

Miles

Registered Member

I would probably go with 2 heaters at 350 watts. Even with a malfunction it would take a long while to boil your fish. A 500 watter could do it faster. Plus the 700 watts of total heater is plenty.

JMO,

John

paul_burney

Well thanks guys and gals on your opinoin on the heater size poll i will order 2 300watt Via Aqua but the Stainless is the cheaper heater any 1 know why it is ??? ??? ??? i did buy a 200 watt stainless for one of my tanks and i can see no difference in the heaters as far a looks go. Ok why is the Stainless cheaper ??? ???
    Paul Burney

stainless is a less expensive metal to produce and mine than titanium is. Titanium is lighter and stronger, although i'm not sure which has the higher resistivity. I would guess SS though, which would make titanium better.
    brad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12