AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The controversial Bulldog. A cull or not a cull?

Default The controversial Bulldog. A cull or not a cull?

Here is the pic of bulldogs some Breeders has been collecting from me and breed to fix the strain. I have one female able to produce this kind of egg shape discus with drooping cheek.

Default Re:The controversial Bulldog. A cull or not a cull?

Another one

His brother.

Another one.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Paul Baranski

Jimmy, personally, I would cull them. Nip it in the bud while you still can. Otherwise, soon we'll end up with all sorts of strange and ugly deformations in our Discus. Just look at what happend to the poor Goldfish! What started out as a nice Carp-like fish, now sports, two tails, bubble eyes, fat bellies, ugly growths on the head....what's next - three eyes?!! :P Don't let the king of fish be subjected to this humiliation, stop it now before it's too late!

Registered Member

Why do you want to propogate a deformidy? Look at the problems persian cats have with their eyes and respiration. Has this condition shown up in wild fish? That should give you your answer. Survival of the FITTEST.
    Please cull these fish.

Interesting,

I get those popping up in my browns, and yes some are wild,

they're Jimmy's fish, if he wants to fix the trait or work with him it's his perogative.

I dont see the controversy........those ARE culls .....without a question of a doubt!!

Tony

hmmmmm.....i have one wild cross who is very high finned but pointy on the top of the fin...and it has kinda sticky outy gills...think he may be one. hes ugly as sin. his brothers are ok.

I've been culling them all along until one famous breeder (family friend) asked me to keep them for him and he and his breeder freinds has been secretly working with them for the last 2 years. For what? I really don't know and have no interest of asking. Now I have 8 /3" fish ready for the breeder's wife to bring them back to Asia. I was just thinking if I should keep them. I've just decided not to keep them since the Wild of Dennis H. has been calling me. When I look at them, they really have an ugly human face like the Flowerhorn. I'll empty the tank and put some Alenquer Curipera instead. Below is the fish we all want to see.
    Jimmy.

Far better.. Jimmy. and no...you cant have teh curipera like dennis. as i want them. and you are gonna end up scooping them before me.

Thanks for posting the pictures Jimmy, Not sure why they would call it a bulldog... but for each his own.... It popped up in one of my pairs about 3 years ago... here is a pic.. the top right pigeon culled it at 5"..... When I split the pair neither produced with other partners... This to me looks like a pushed in version of the blue bat or something that I have seen before..... It is a cull but if there is a market why not... but I doubt it will be a fixed strain...... but who knows...

http://www.geocities.com/amuruges2000/images/sale.jpg

April: Oliver will deliver right at my door steps. His family live in my area. Hahaha.
    Jimmy.

not fair jimmy

If they are capable to hold their own grounds and are healthy, keepon breeding them.
    Nothing wrong about being different.
    You might be breaking new grounds for the discus.
    We got all colors of the rainbow already.
    Maybe your bulldogs will be the new fashion like the different fancy of the bettas, the goldfish, the arowanas, the flower horns, and all the cats, dogs, rodents, horses, etc...

Good Luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast