ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: discus the queen of aquarium

Registered Member

Default discus the queen of aquarium

Hello all........this post may not focusing specialy on discus, but to our hobby as fish fans.
    To all discus lovers here, i just wanna know, have you tried to keep other kind of fish?? i mean not just keep it, but to breed it also, to FANATIC it. Just like some time ago when betta was becoming trend , and now the flowerhorn (especially in asia.here you can find a flowerhorn strore every 1 km! )

Here in indonesia itself, we call discus as the queen of aquarium (not the king). We call the king is the Arowana. ;D

However, I myself have been interested in discus because it has very beautiful coloration. No wonder why it called the king of aquarium.
    How many aquariums do you have in your house for keeping your discus ? how many of you have your own hatchery and serious in businesing it ?
    Many of you also breed discus. Just wanna know, do you regularly breed couple of discus pair ? How many juveniles do you averagely get every month ?Do you sell (in your own lfs ??? ) or maybe you export to another country ? If so, how is the market demand for discus nowadays? (since nowadays the discus trend is not so high as some time ago i think ).

Thanks. Just want to know you more

Registered Member

Default Re:discus the queen of aquarium

Caspias
    I live in the USA
    I am a very avid hobiest, small time breeder.
    I only work with a few pair at a time because of limited space and limited amount of time I can spend with the fish.
    I sell most of what I raise online to other hobiests, and a few to local fish shops.
    Raising Discus is not a bussiness with me it is a love affair, I some times make a little extra money but most times it is a break even situation.
    Dennis