AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Eheim 2028 II - What's Up With The Maintenance Plus A Few Other Questions.?

Registered Member

Default Eheim 2028 II - What's Up With The Maintenance Plus A Few Other Questions.?

How often should an Eheim 2028 II filter be cleaned? Also, how often should the filter pads and media be cleaned or changed out?
    I have one on a 125g tank with two emperor 400's and it just does'nt seem to do the filtering job that I thought it would. Many times I see particles float past the intake tube and instead of being sucked up they continue to float right on by. Should'nt the intake suction be stronger than that?
    Is there any tube extension that can be added to the outtake tube to help lessen the force of the outflow of the water. I have the tube currently pointed to the side part of the glass but the current is still very strong.
    Thank you in advance for your response.

Samcatj

Default Re:Eheim 2028 II - What's Up With The Maintenance Plus A Few Other Questions.?

I use fluval's on my 75 gal tanks. To control the outflow I put a piece of filter material over the outflow tube. To secure it you can wrap a twist tie around it if needed. Works for me!!! I also use a prefilter on the intake

Registered Member

Default Re:Eheim 2028 II - What's Up With The Maintenance Plus A Few Other Questions.?

I use eheim 2028s and like them a lot.
    I use a prefilter sponge over the intake and the spray bar that came with it spraying the out put on the surface.
    This keeps the water in a rolling movement across the top down the other end of the tank and back across the bottom, any waste or uneaten food will be piled under the intake sponge for easy siphining out.
    I clean the prefilter sponge weekly and open the filter and clean the filter pads about every three to four months.
    I like the fact that the filter flow is adjustable, as I have used them on any thing from a fifty gallon to a 130 gallon.
    Dennis