AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DECEMBER SPOTLIGHT - JIMMY L

Real Name
    James (Jim) Shedden

Default Re:DECEMBER SPOTLIGHT - JIMMY L

This was great interview. great questions. Jimmy......all I can say is that whenever I have had a problem you have provided me with a no-nonsense solution. I thank you. Call me for tea. I would be happy to drive 4 hour to have a chat with you.

Regards : Jim

Registered Member

Thanks John and Jimmy,

Great interview, greater real life stories, sweet looking discus! As a newbie I have always have valued your practical (though somtimes unconventional) insight Jimmy.

TC

Cool Jimmy. now....if you can just come on over to vancouver and teach me how to keep discus.
    i may have the water...but lots to learn. and not enough time.
    one of these days i ought to come along with my sister as her bag carrier when she does a critical care workshop.
    told you...you ought to go. tell her you know me. lol

Great interview!! Thanks guys.

Great Interview!
    Nice of you to share your experiences with us...

Registered Member

Thanks for sharing with us. When I come and visit my sister in Toronto, I'll be sure to come and look you up. Great interview.
    Brigitte

Registered Member

Hi all,
    John, great job on the interview, as usual
    Jimmy, you sound like someone I would really like to meet. It was very nice hearing about your life and all. I would say to you to tell all those that sent you PM's and such, saying you are full of it, tell them EXACTLY where they can all go! (They're jealous!) It's just a shame that more people don't have your outlook on life(along with the things you've SEEN with your eyes) to really make them understand just HOW STUPID IT IS to argue, much less fight and KILL, over certain things in life(Brew, you know what I'm talking about!) Boy, can't we all take a few weeks off work or whatever and all meet somewhere to chat and have a great time and bond????????? Oh well, back to the daily grind tomorrow. It's nice to dream, though Thanks again, Jimmy & John!

Steve

Registered Member

When I first met Jimmy, I could tell right away his genuine love in discus and his sincerity in helping fellow hobbyist (even somebody like me who never had xperience in discus). Honestly, I would never jump in the hobby with both feet without his encouragement.

Great interview. John, you should have interviewed his cat as well. A very smart cat, I'll say.

Registered Member

I was recently lucky enough to spend a couple of hours with Jimmy. Wow, did I learn a lot!

It was my first opportunity to see live fry with their parents. I don't know who was more excited by the sight -- me, seeing it for the first time, or Jimmy seeing it for the thousandth time.

Cheers to Jimmy.

Murali

Thank you John and Jimmy for a great interview! I especially enjoyed reading about your life outside of discus, Jimmy, and how significant it is to the people with whom you come in contact in your work. You are an inspiration to all of us!

Cordially,

--David

Registered Member

Jimmy
    Thanks for taking the time.
    Very intersting life and very knowlegeable about discus.
    You have some wonderful fish.
    When I am sucessful breeding the curipera I will let you know and the first ones shipped will be sent to you.
    Thanks
    Dennis

Thank you everyone at Simply. Thank you John.
    Dennis: I just finish reading Oliver's input on Wilds. Now I realize how rare Curipera is . I never knew the things involved to ship one from the river to Canada. I thought you jkust go and pay the local people $5.00 and ship them here. I was so ignorant. I just hope you are the first person able to breed them and I'm the first to get the F1. I'll name them DH1, DH2, DH3 and so on. Thanks.
    Jimmy.

Heh!!!! where do i fit in this plan??? i could be jimmys middle man....half way there...
    ok Dennis..i really need some of those fry!!

Registered Member

I found Jimmy about four months ago when I was looking for experienced Discus people in the Toronto area. As a result of that happy event (for me) - having access to such a deep pool of experience, I now feel confident enough to risk the time, effort, love and money to try to raise these beautiful fish. Because of Jimmy, I have a pair laying eggs right now. Soon fry...

Thanks Jimmy and I am glad that some of your personality came out in the interview. Too bad all of you folks couldn't know him personally. He is a very nice man.

Your student,
    Jim

Registered Member

Great interview. I knew all along from his post and his fish he was class act.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast