ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying meds in Mexico

Registered Member

Default Re:Buying meds in Mexico

Hey Al,
    I only nedded a little so I only got 2 bottles of six pills, each pill at 600 mg's. Steve Warner told me one bottle will do one full treatment for 100 gal. Is this correct, I have not yet treated.
    Oscar

Registered Member

P.S its 6 pills at 600mg's for 55.00$.

Oscar,
    thats not a bad price... it basicallly comes to $55.00 for 3.6 grams. Its cheaper than what a vet would charge for prazi, and cheaper than the biltricide for humans.

Its possible to get it cheaper though, delivered right to your door!...
    at about $5 -$6 a gram!, email Barry at billman@citynet.net next time around.

as for the dose ... These are the directions that came with mine from Barry, and they worked great....

These are the directions that came with my Praziquantel....
    Prazi.... an effective and safe med for the treatment of gill and body flukes, tape worms, and other cestodes and tremotodes in ornamental aquarium fish. May be effeective against capillaria when administered in the food.
    Bath.... 100mg/10 gal (1/4 tsp/20 gal)
    allow meds to remain in the tank for 48 hours. Mechanical filter may be running- no carbon or other chemical media. On the third day begin daily water changes of 10 to 30% for the next 5 days. On the 7th day repeat the entire process. On day 14 a third treatment may begin. This would be prudent for tanks with gravel substrate , and no undergravel filter..
    Fast bath.... 1/2 tsp /10 gal prazi to a small medical tank. Insert affected fish for 2.5 hours
    Food.... Mix 1/2 tsp prazi to 1/4lb food. Typically used is beefheart or beefliver ground in a blender and frozen for future use. 2-3 feedings every other day should be sufficient.
    prep in water , it doesn't go in well, shake or mix vigorously. In acetone , mix 3 parts acetone to one part prazi, then pour chalky substance over the tank water... be careful as it too much acetone will cause oxygen depletion....use only pure acetone.
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index...;threadid=1024

take care,
    al

Registered Member

hey Brew thanks, that is the Biltricide for humans and a friend of mine just brought me over some more, his friend works at a goverment drug store and he gave it to me for 45.00$ for 6 pills at 600 mgs. Bye
    OEG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12