AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Metronidazole tablets

Default Metronidazole tablets

I have fresh, medical grade Metronidazole tablets, 500 mg for 35 cents per tablet. These dissolve almost instantly leaving behind only a small amount of the tablet filler/binder which is easily filtered out with a brine shrimp net or coffee filter.
    I usually don't bother, its only a scant amount. Minimum order would be 20. No maximum. Pvt message me if interested. I've got 250's also, but the cost is only 5 cents per tablet less...so better to get the 500's.

Registered Member

Default Re:Metronidazole tablets

I would take 20 just in case.
    please e-mail me at rafall@ameritech.net
    ;D

You've got mail!

Registered Member

Good Deal, Bill! Frank

So is this dimetronidazole that dissolves in water or metronidazole that you would put in food? I got 500 mg tablets and they didnt' disolve in water, only break up and go to the bottom.

Go away Brad.

Registered Member

;D

ouch Rus...I was just asking a question. Do they dissolve or not?

:-X

Registered Member

BradNC
    The Metronidazole powder is used in the water. This is a quote direct on usage from Fishy Farmacy where I get mine.
    George

POWDER DOSAGE: 1/4 teaspoonful per 20 gallons. 50 gram bottle (treats approx. 800 gal.) Treat every 24 hours with a 25% water change before each treatment. Treat for 10 days.

Read the post Brad.

Registered Member

I would like to get 25. Could you email at ottawadiscus@yahoo.com

Loyed

Registered Member

I always use the tablets, and good ones disolve pretty readily in warm water! Frank

Don_Lee

DiscusRus,

Where are you shipping from? I am thinking about buying some tablets and would like to have an idea how long it might take. Is the previous mentioned dosage correct?

Don ;D

Hi Don,

I'm not an expert on dosage. Some say 250 mg per 20 gal, some say up to 400 mg per 20 gal. which is what I use now. I pvt. messaged you about shipping. But, if you do the math on the above dosage on the powder, it comes to 125 mg per 20 gallons daily for 10 days.

George,
    You are talking about metronidazole powder. These are tablets. I'm just curious, because I've gotten these from local vets, and they are meant for cats, dogs, etc. When you put them in a jar and shake them up really well, it may appear that they have dissolved, but I have found that they really haven't. They have broken into many pieces and once they go in the tank, they sink to the bottom eventually. The only way they will make hex go away is if the fish eat the metro. I'm just trying to make sure people know what they're getting.

Brad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast