ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some of Oliver Lucanus' fish at his place

Registered Member

Default Re:Some of Oliver Lucanus' fish at his place

Registered Member

That's about all I have for Discus. Oliver had many more amazing tanks and fish. I saw many fish that I have only seen in books before, and quite a few that are not in books yet, as they are undescribed species. Many of these were small to medium tetras, pencilfish, zillions of different Apistogramma, plecos, stingrays, Crenicichla pikes, African cichlids from both lake and river habitats, and australasian fish. Perhaps one the most attractive to me was a 180gal tank with a gaggle of about 10 young adult Uaru fernadezyepezi, the first time I see this fish in real life. I am an Uaru keeper (U. amphiacanthoides), but yepezi's are quite another story. What a sight!. No pictures please...Oliver is attempting to breed them and will likely succeed.
    In addition, he is a collector, breeder and dealer of Central and South American poison arow frogs (3 Genera in the family Dendrobatidae: Dendrobates, Phyllobates and Colosthetus). I was pleased to see among his prize frogs some from my country, Colombia, and to hear him talk with great interest about one of the most prized species, a small frog named after my former Herpethology professor, Dr. Philip Silverston. His frog habitats were beautiful, with healthy orchids and bromeliads from which to harvest tadpoles. Some froggies for you (I hope you don't mind...they are not fish, but they are cold blooded)

Registered Member

Registered Member

Registered Member

...and the last one. Adios !

Thats it!... Whats Oliver's phone number? :P

Don't let Weezy see the frogs. She just may dump all fish for them!. Kid you not! lol

Registered Member

I don't know the city code for Tefe. Or is it Leticia, or Manaus, or Belo Horizonte....he left on the 11th. Many people would love to know what's to come this time, but no coins to buy with.

Registered Member

That would be a tough visit for me with my present financial situation.

Thanks for posting the photos, Francisco, really good job.

Registered Member

A wonderful journey into Oliver's world.
    Thank you.

Smokey

You did an excellent job with those pics. It looks like you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Registered Member

Oliver is going to be speaking at the Atlanta Aquarium Society's meeting on April 12th. Just thought you might like to know..

Registered Member

HI Francisco_Borrero Did u take pics of olivers other fish like apistos or sting rays.

Registered Member

sorry but I didn't take more pictures than the ones I showed and others that didn't come out. I spent several hours talking, choosing my fish, taking pictures, Oliver was a great host/sport, but then he had other things to do and I also had to go. But mostly, many tanks were too dark for pictures, and in some he did not want pictures taken.
    I didn't know about the talk in Atlanta. I wish I could go, it should be great.

A couple more people (JimmyL, Jim Shedden and others??) are going up in February, after Oliver's return from Brazil/Venezuela(?). I bet he would have fantastic stuff then, and hopefully they will share pictures with us.
    Several people have visited David Webber in NYC. Would you care to share some pictures. I hear he has excellent stuff, and lots of it.
    Cheers, Francisco.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12