AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: I've got them ol' Jatapu Blues

Registered Member

Default I've got them ol' Jatapu Blues

In connection with the interview of Oliver Lucanus about the Rio Jatapu, Francisco has posted some excellent pictures of the Jatapu Blue (and others) from his visit to Oliver's facilities. They are posted in the Show Tanks and Biotope Section:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index...;threadid=6180

Thanks Francisco!

Default Re:I've got them ol' Jatapu Blues

one more step to see them beauties? Come-on Ralph!.... ;D

Registered Member

It's worth it though.

Francisco just posted some more photos on the same thread.

Including some photos of Poison Dart Frogs.

It was a very interesting trip to visit Oliver's place. He was the only person able to touch the most poisonous frog in the world. Those frogs know how poisonous they are and will not move an inch knowing that no body dare to touch them. But the secret is that they've lost all their poison in captivity without the special diet in the wild. I think is the fire ants that they eat to obtain the posion. They are the one with the dull greenwish color.
    You have to see The Jetapu in person to appreciate the massive body and the strength of that fish.
    Jimmy.

Real Name
    Walter

You know Jack Wattley collects/ keeps those Poison Dart Frogs too? He has a funny story about when he came upon a man armed with a rifle in Columbia and was getting questioned "why are you here?". Jack told the man with the rifle, he was looking for frogs. Apparently, the man thought that was so funny and he laughed so hard, he didn't bother Jack, and just told Jack to leave that area.

Walter