AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vitamin Question

Default Vitamin Question

Hi All

I am looking for a Liquid Vitamin to add to food.
    I have read a hell lot of post's here were almost everyone mentions that they add Vitamins to there Beefh. Mix or to there Frozen food. I do not intend to put it in the Water.

I have used in the early 80's a German product called Vitazon combined with a product called Osspulvit Pulver(was recommend from Mr. Degen at that time)
    The Vitamins C, D3, B1, B2,B6, B12 E, and Calciumphosphat,
    Calciumflourid were the ingredients of those 2 Products.

Well since I am here in the US now, not knowing anything ???about the products here I would appreciate any help. Especially with names and sources of the products you guy's use.

Oh by the way I have no Kids so that would also be Rocket Sience for me. (the products for Kids that is ;D)

Thank's in advance for you help.

Ronald

Registered Member

Default Re:Vitamin Question

I know a couple of the top breeders on this site add liquid baby vitamins to their beef heart mixes.

I used to buy inexpensive generic multi-vitamin pills and just crush them up with a pill crusher and sprinkle over the beef heart.

GARY

Thank's Gary

Anymore input out of 1348 Members ???

Ronald

Registered Member

Ronald,
    I just crush regular women's multi-vitamins and add them to the BH.
    HTH
    Donna

Thanks Donna

Ronald to save yourself some time and money just drive to a local drug store and pick up some multi-vitamins. It's just more efficient that way. All you have to do is fold a couple of cloth paper towels. Place the vitamins within the folded towels and BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG till your hearts galore. BANG BANG BANG. Then take the BANG BANG BANG crushed multivitamins and add them into your BH mis. BANG BANG BANG your all done. It's not messy and BANG BANG BANG your all done.

A-

Thanks Allan

do you mean bang like this

;D

Ronald

Exactly.

You know what I'm thinking...maybe Discus Essentials may or may might now work out for you...it's in a bottle. I believe it's made by SEACHEM.

A-

Don_Lee

I think Discus Essential by Seachem is for addition to the water and not the food. I believe if you check Mike Wells website, adiscusdream.com, he has a recipe for beefheart, as does Jeff at discusfarm.us.

Don

Thanks all for your Response.

Ronald

Registered Member

Hi Renold:

I put the"Poly.Vi. Sol"vitamin drops for baby from Mead Johnson in the hamburger. So far no side effect on discus.
    FYI. I once put the out of date "Centrum" tablet into the tank but soon found the water became slippery and kind of dirty. Next time I got rid of the coating of the tablet and threw it in the tank. The water no longer got cloudy.

paul_burney

hi Ronald
    I just use a cheap liquid baby vitamin that you can buy at your local drug store it works for me
    Paul

Registered Member

I use organic multi vitamins, (Nature's Own) they are easier to crush than the coated ones and that way I don't have to worry about anything "extra" that might be in there that would react with the water. A few shots of codliver oil can also be added to the beefheart. Ken

Registered Member

wash the protective coating, soak the tablet in some water until it disolves then mix it in the BH mix

Thanks all for you help.

Now I have a clue what I need ;D

Ronald

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast