ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vitamin Question

Default Re:Vitamin Question

This seems like a good place to ask it, but How much vitamen is everyone using? and why do you use as much as you do?

I used to use them alot in my food mixes...mostly human vitamens crushed up. Funny thing is I can't take them myself... they make me sick to my stomach, with or without food. One day I was reading the label and saw how much of each vitamen was in each pill, and had a thought ....

"GEEZE thats alot of vitamen for an average guy of 150-250 pounds. and thats a dose of one a day. Now if I make 5lbs of beef heart and throw a FEW of those in.... how much is the fish getting if I feed it that mix once a day and the fish weighs under a pound? " I never calculated the answer, but I use far less now than I did before, and I just feed a diverse diet. ;D

With a diverse healthy diet, you technically shouldn;t need too much additional vitamens, in both your diet and your fishes

hth,
    al

Default Re:Vitamin Question

Well since I started I might give the first answer ;D

In the early 80's I did supplempt the food with vitamins and it appeared to me the fish were doing much better. Maybe that was just wish thinking.
    I feed now BS, Bloodw., Mysis and ON F1 ( all frozen), and I don't feed BH or BW or any kind of live food.
    I have not backup but I don't think they get as much as they need.
    I use (well I just started to) during 1 feeding 2 drops which I let the food thaw (hope that’s the right word) in.
    I hope to achieve that the fish get more natural resistance.

Ronald

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12