ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A wild Idea!!!!

Registered Member

Default Re:A wild Idea!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAWESOME Alberto.

GARY

OOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Alberto, I'm in love again!! All great fish, but those 2 gold Nanays are especially AWESOME!!! & Madeiras too?????WOW!! What great color, gorgeous fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would I love to see those for real!! Oh well, Dottie : : :

Registered Member

Those are some awesome fish Alberto. It is too bad that I have to wait until next year for any new acquisitions. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work.
    Cheers, Francisco.

Thanks Gary, Dottie and Francisco for your comments!

Francisco, your Curiperas look great! I would love to have a pair like that!! By the way, you are moving soon, right? Let me know if they will need a new house too.... ;D

Alberto

PS: In your previous pics (2 greens), why do you think they are Nanays?

Registered Member

Our next interview about Amazonian biotopes is going to be with Alberto, he is going to discuss his time on the Rio Nanay, where those amazing Red Spotted Greens come from. It will be posted later this week in the Show Tanks and Biotope Section, complete with photos.

Thanks Alberto!

Alberto,
    Thanks for posting those beautiful Pictures. Let me know if you ever need a new home for Them as well.

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far. You all have some really nice fish.

My contributions... Heres some wild greens... collected at wholesalers in my area....They may not be the highest quality specimens but they breed very well for me, and have given me some very beautiful fry from crossing them to Domestics....

and a Red spotted Green....

-al

ok heres some of mine. not known locations. they all came from our lfs. who in turn got them from ornamentals in florida. they all say the meekum collecting station .
    heres the heckel.

herse a group shot.

heres the royal green i believe it is.....

heres the royal blue i got. but she shows alot more red now...than she used to. the avatar in my posts is the same fish when i got her. shes changed alot.

heres the bigger pic of the heckel.

Registered Member

Al, those are some very nice fish, and I know for a fact you have made great use of them. I wish I could be doing what you can with yours. Perhaps sometime you could do some of that with mines... get my drift? did you get my response to your IM ?

April, those are some beautiful fish. All of them. I particularly like the group shot. Regarding the Royal Blue change of color, I love it in either suit, but wonder if you could bring back some of the blue, if you wanted, by using some blue-enhancing food. The fish looks very healthy, but there must be something in the diet that does not intensify the blue, and does the red, which may be related to the diet in the wild. It is like some of the heckel cabeza-azul tales, for whom the face fades after some time in captivity.

Alberto: Regarding the two green discus I showed, I don't know the origin. The only reason I said Nanay (with question marks) is because Oliver suggested that in his opinnion they may be. I don't know, and neither does he. The 2 fish look very different, although they are definitely both green, non-spotted. Would you have a guess/opinnion as to what location they may look-like ? If anybody is familiar with the Nanay and its discus...that'll be you! Would you have guesses/opinnions as to origin of any of my other fish ? Unfortunately I don't know location for any, as with the exception of the Curipera, they have all been LFS/ bozo's tanks rescues.
    Yes, I am moving sometime this summer (probably early July) and just the idea of it is killing me. I still haven't got a job lined up...but am working on it.

Cheers, Francisco.

p.s. Great job Ralph and Alberto for agreeing on one of those biotope/interview deals. I am very much looking forward to it!!!!

Registered Member

Okay, I couldn't resist. The Curipera's were looking a lot better than in the picture I showed. So this is a week later, or a total of 1 month minus 1 day since arrival. Please don't mind the repetition. Female at left, male at right. They act like a pair and are kissy-kissy all the time, but so far it is all talk.
    Cheers, Francisco.

Registered Member

Francisco
    How could we mind repetition
    Beautiful fish and picture
    They'll only get better
    Dennis

Registered Member

Curipera female
    Francisco this female has been kissy- kissy with a domestic male for almost a month
    Dennis

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast