AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Tour of my set up (caution long)...

Default A Tour of my set up (caution long)...

Well as some of you know I have been working on an semi-automatic drain/fill system for my tanks. The areas I had to work consisted of the Fish Parlor (72bf and a 46bf) and the Fish Area (1 75g, 2 55g, 1 30xh w/another on order) located in the basement directly below (thank goodness) the Parlor. It is now fully operational but I will be doing some tweaking here and there. I think the hardest part of it all was compiling pics for you all and presenting it in an logical way.

First of all please note I contemplated drilling each tank but opted out mainly because I did not want to take the risk of cracking one. "I do not get a replacement"... So I decided to pull the water out with a pump instead. Gravity from the Parlor makes it that much quicker.

So on with the pics: (there are lots, so bear with me)

#1: a shot of the open space for the additional 30xh. Each tank is basically set up the same way. I used a standard globe valve (round handle) for the input and a ball valve (straight handle) for the drain. That way there were no questions what each valve was for. Note: I yet have to install the drain for the additional 30, but need proper measurements first. It will just involve measuring the correct distance inside the tank and attaching a female thread to the top end of the PVC. All tanks were done in this fashion.

Default Re:My Project

a close up...

above the existing 30

optional vac with shutoff for doo doo patrol....

a view of the 55s to the right (note the fry)

a shot of the upper 55. The input is from the top and the drain is located behind the tank so it is not seen.

the drain behind the 55.

to the fishwaste reserve for the orchids.

Right corner of the orchid room.

Randal do you see the 10.5 pressurized tank on the floor? That is what supplies drinking water to the kitchen sink located directly above.

can I show you a couple of closeups of the orchids?

another

a close up of the close up :P...

Hey Julz,

Wanna come to my house and do my project?
    It looks great!
    ;DLynn

A siesta..........
    just had to stick this one in here. This is for you April who loves critters and Weezy who is the biggest frog fanatic ever. He absolutely loves it when I mist... Each time I am down there he is on a different plant... lol

OK on with the tour.... Lets do a 90 deg turn and here is my work area... This is where it all happens... From cleaning CBWs, cleaning filters (and such) to repotting plants...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast