ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Tour of my set up (caution long)...

Default Re:My Project

Speaking of CBW's... Note the fridge to the right of the slop sinks. The Blue jug located on top of the fridge has a 1/4 " tube going into it. That is my RO waste, as I use it to rinse the CBW's. When the jug is full it just over flows down the sink drain. It has flexible hosing ran straight to the drain in the basement floor, located underneath the Fishwaste reserve tank. I located the reserve where I did so that when I am draining the tanks I do not have to worry about overflow..... I'm getting off track. Here is a close up of the sink area...

a little closer... The RO faucet in the corner pulls drinking water from an additional pressurized 4 gal tank located under the sink, it is for filling the CBW trays after rinsing....

turn to your left, and you see my makeshift bbs hatchery. Not operational at the time because the fry are too old. Notice the rack George?

Ok do another 90... You will see my RO system... I absolutely love my booster pump and shutoffs. Thanks Randal!!!

A 45deg turn from there are my reserve tanks... Let me tell you I need more!... Have 2 100 gallon tanks waiting for me at work. Will be moving things around AGAIN on Wednesday. The black tank is a 40 and normally houses straight RO. But currently it is housing straight tap (along with the blue) because I want the breeders dormant at this time..... I made sure filling was optional to my needs by using John Guest shutoffs in various areas. I think I have 6 on my whole system in all. I also use checkvalves in my system to prevent anyback ups.... Anyway here is the pic....

a close up of the fill pump that pulls water from the reserve tanks. I am also anxious to get them on 3 way switches in the fish area and the fish parlor both...

Oh yes BTW as you can see I have a small leak (the only one on the whole system, whew :P) that I WILL be fixing on Wed as well. Just need a different way of connecting the 5/8" hosing from the PVC to the pump. Look out Home Depot, she's coming back.. lol

OK. time for a break. Next will be the fish parlor and then I am done!!!. Hope everyone is still awake.

Registered Member

Great pix Julz.

Where'd you get that water pump? I did not know campbell hausfeld made water pumps. :P

Keep the pix commin'

Daniel

Default A tour of my setup. (beware is long)

OK breaks over!.... If anyone has been following me they will notice I changed the title of this thread, it has now gone from being just "My Project" to an actual "Tour"..... OK on with it....(Heck been on this PC so long I didn't even notice the snow outside, we are getting dumped on! Them sleds may be used after all this year.. woohoo! )

Anyway... If you were to go up the stairs directly above the fish area (as I mentioned previously) is the fish parlor.....

Wish I would have taken a picture of the PVC route goin up, but I did not...

Here is the area where it comes up tho. It is located in the corner of the Parlor between the two bow's. As you can see I also encompassed a duplicate of the vac tie in as what was in the basement...

Default Re:A Tour of my set up (caution long)...

to the right is my 72 bow. Not sure if you can see the PVC on the top from this view or not... Anyway this is a shot without the canopy that finalizes the view.

Oh wow I guess you can see the PVC. Well now you can't... I just love the canopy. It is made of plastic so is real light, and because I am a weakling it is easy for me to remove....

Another 45deg turn you will see the 46.

a different angle? I have the canopy on order for this one....

May I show some more fish pics? :P

As you probably noticed the 46 is currently housing Cary's babies (the GMs anyway). Heck I really can't call them babies anymore as they are growing quite nicely. I threw the CD up for comparison.

another... sorry they are so big (tired of resizing). I hate it too when pics run off the page enough to have to use the scroll bar. :P

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast