ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cary Strong to Speak in Kalamazoo, MI

Real Name
    Walter

Default Re:Cary Strong to Speak in Kalamazoo, MI

DDSLC - I think you're getting "Hell", Michigan mixed up with Kalamazoo! And don't forget "Climax" and I-69! ;D

Yup, I spent a few years attending WMU (Western Michigan University or better known as "WhatsaMatterU&quot in Kalamazoo. ;D

Randy, the lower penninsula isn't too bad (the west coast line - Muskegeon/ Grand Rapids does get some 'lake effect' snow though), it's the upper pennisula that gets the REAL snow storms! I've only been to "Da UP" once in January (back in 1995) for a couple of weeks and was lucky; after we drove back down, I heard they got 30" of snow!!!!

Cary, don't wear anything 'maize' and 'blue' - it's brown and gold Bronco country in Kalamazoo.

Walter

Cary, Tracey and I were going to fly up to the meeting just to give you a hard time but I have to work that Satuday

Oh well I guess you are getting off easy this time

Randy

It will not be to long til he starts charging for public apperances.

Good Luck.

Miles

Randy, I'm going to drive up with my basket of rotten fruit.

:funny: :funny: :funny:

Mike

Great Mike, hit him once or twice for me ;D ;D ;D

Randy

Registered Member

Cary is expecting Hecklers. But he thinks that is a term for breeders of Heckels. LOL!

:

TC

Yeah Terry, he also misinterpretted Peter Pan. Joe ;D

Registered Member

ROFLMAO!!!

After readijng through the posts, I sat back and wondered how Cary would react to Mike, Randy, Steve and Walter "heckeling" him.

Hidey Hi ol' friends and neighbors--Cmon down to wide track town. We gotcha GTO's and Chevelle SS 396! Motown West--at Kalamazoo---Kellogs is nearby! :P

The guest from Hell :( I ) will be driving up from Maryland to support my friend, Cary. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*Between us, we will be donating twenty discus to the club for auction. Anyone bidding, should bid high to help out the club ( the backbone of this insane hobby ) I am leaving on February 28 th so I can spend some "Quality Time" with my twin brother from a different mother. I was the still-born one! : It's gonna be a blast!!! Free lollypops for you suckers! Joe ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Joe,

That's very generous of you to offer 20 of Cary's fish! I'm sure more than a few people will be excited to hear about the auction!

Just 3 more days...

Did anyone make it to Kalamazoo?

I understand Cary mentioned that SimplyDiscus.com is the best internet site for all the Discus people

If you're reading this Thanks Cary :-*

You Da Man

Beth

I hear the talk went well...and about 80 people showed up and yes.they all wrote down the website addy for simply.
    so if any of you people from the Kalamazoo show came to meet us...welcome.

I wanted to post a little sooner but the job jar was full over the weekend and my bride insisted that I empty it.

Cary did a great job at the meeting despite a couple of minor set backs like a mix up at the hotel and a malfunction of the audio visual equipment. The mix up was straightened out and the malfunction forced Cary to do what the group wanted him to do - answer questions about fish!

Key points he made were:

Discus are not synonomous with difficult and do your research...

Yes, Beth and April, Cary did mention Simply but I don't remember if it came before or after he spoke about DAAH and AquaForums. One concern about boards, that members brought up, was the past proclivity of the boards to degenerate into "flame" sessions that destroyed any value of the posts.

Imagine Cary nodding in agreement at the question, then agreeing that the past practices were detrimental and holding DAAH, Aqua and Simply as examples of the way the boards should work!

Cary did a great job not only promoting the fish but the internet community. A very nice job from a guy who said that he wasn't a speaker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12