AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EbJ heaters

Registered Member

Default Re:EbJ heaters

My 2 cents.

I can see a potential problem with using two (or more) heaters in the same tank. Increases the likelyhood of cooking fish due to heater failure. (stuck "on&quot.

Actually I think I'll need change for that comment...two cents is way overpriced. ;D

Daniel

PS. For what its worth I use EBO's (200watts) and Tronics. and have some older visitherms. All are working satisfactorily and I too use multiple (more than 1) in tanks at times. My ebo's are newer (less than ~ 4 months). I have one ebo that is an old green one I got for free (used) from a store that had no idea if it worked or not. SO far it keeps my 55 gallon barrel of water 85 degrees (set at 8 ) without fail. And it does shut off ....I checked

Don_Lee

I was thinking of going with 2 or more underpowered heaters, like 2 100's, for a 29 gallon tank. That way, if one stuck on it would take longer for the tank to overheat....oh well, no guarantees I guess.

Don ;D

Fisheyes,

I was referring to US$. But if you need 50 of them you can get them for $21.50 Cdn including freight.

Dave

Darcy, I am pretty happy with the titaniums, i am also trying on proaquatics haven't had any issues yet with that... But ebo's just suck I have about 15 in the garage cause they don't go over 80F.....

Registered Member

I like the ebo jager thickness of glass for strength, and the kida solid feel the whole heater has, but after recently buying a 250watt titanium tube heater (via-aqua??) which holds a 55 gal at 89 dead on, switches on for a few minutes an hour maybe, and I needed two 200 watt ebos to do this. not to mention the fact that the temp adjustment never seemed calibrated, meaning you sometimes Ihad to set some at 85 to hold 83 or one of mine set to 82 would hold 86 with scary accuracy. I have multiple thermometers monintoring tanks at different areas within the tank to ensure even heating e.t.c. frankly i have become obsessed with the heat accuracy stuff. my ebos are a 75watt in a ten gal with a pair of blue rams mating with 9 cardinals in barebottom arrangement with a small pot containing tank high rotala indica. and the 45 gallon holding tank for water changes holds my old 75 watt, the rest have been trashed. not proven yet, but i believe titanium or stainless steel tube style heaters will ofer the most durable and highest output heat per size, and the ones with seperate temperature probes really aid in being able to have it maintain an even all around tank temp. all of this is imo and the lack of capitals in my post is because my keyboard does weird things when i hit the shift keys for some reason. gotta pick up a newie.

jc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12