ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My most recent endeavor (lots of pics)

Registered Member

Default Re:My most recent endeavor (lots of pics)

Dale,

This one turned pretty brown overnight too. I don't consider that to be a bad thing though, it's very accurate for the habitat. This was more of a clearwater setup rather than blackwater, but some leeching is still acceptable as long as it doesn't get to be too much.

Et al,

Thank you for your kind comments..

Nice work!

I usually don't have time to read much in this section, but today I have been looking through this post and many of your previous ones, and found many interesting and beautiful setups of yours.

Also , thanks for all the info!!!

Someday when I have more time....and money ;D, I would like to play around with the planted tanks. For now I have enjoyed looking at yours and learning.

Thanks

Registered Member

Hey, Phil, for what kind of museum was this exhibit? I'm curious: why did you choose the marbles and gold for what seems to be an attempt at a natural bioscape? Why not silver scalare or altums? Was the exhibit meant to show what people can do with genetics these days?

Your setup is pretty inspiring. I can't imagine unhappy fish in a tank with so many hiding places and shadows. I wonder if a pair of angels could even raise a batch of babies to dime size in a tank like that--there seems to be plenty of space.

-Jay

Registered Member

Jason,

The fish weren't my choice. The lady who owns the company has a bijillion of those marble angels and wanted to use them. I was pretty irked that they weren't wild-type, but that's her choice. I just do the designs and she stocks them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12