ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fluval 304 or AquaClear 500?

Default Re:Fluval 304 or AquaClear 500?

AQUACLEARS ALL THE WAY BABY!! ;D

No comparison in my books...Ive used both extensively, and the aquaclears are easier to clean, by far...thats the BIGGEST advantage.

Im a pretty smart dude.....I know how to read instructions, have fine manual dexterity, and I know how to clean and reassemble the fluvals properly....and yet I to have had many problems with the seal, the impeller's, and the plastic plate that goes over the impeller.

Dollar for dollar you CANT beat an aquaclear.... period.

Tony

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

Case Closed!

Carol....you, above anyone else should know.....the case cant be closed till you wack the hammer thinger!

There!

CASE CLOSED!! :P

Registered Member

I started the thread, so probably is my head under that hammer... :sick:

For the record, I bought both filters! Am I crazy or what?

Hi Lauro,

Yeah, that's pretty crazy ;D but welcome to the world of discus keeping, we're all like that! The positive side is that now you'll get to test out both filters and see which one you prefer.

I personally have never used anything besides AquaClear -- it was the first one I tried and I loved it, so I had no reason to switch. They're very simple and versatile. I also have a HOT Magnum for water polishing but it sits and collects dust now. Between all the water changes, the sponges, and the AquaClear, there's nothing to "polish."

Ryan

Lauro
    .........let us know what you think of them.

to all of you who have those useless fluvals collecting dust....I'll be more than happy to help you clear some closet space.... ;D

You can send those fluvals my way as well :P

hehehe

Beth

Registered Member

GREAT TONY!
    You are reading my mind again! that is EXACTLY what I was going to post... Then I thought.. Ya know I am a SA most of the time... okay ALL of the time so I chose going to bed instead!
    Carol.... Tell Tony to STOP COPYING ME! ;D
    TS
    Lauro,
    Let us know how it goes ;D

GF_I_A_B....
    well ya know.....simple minds think alike.....
    see.....and you thought you were the SA..... ;D :P ;D

Beth
    it's almost cruel to take advantage of the simple minded.....
    I guess it's just survival of the fittest.....

Registered Member

See... that funny Slickstaaaaaaa
    I was thinking more towards the initials of FOS ;D
    and no where on this board do I feel ANYONE has the right to tell ANYONE they have a "Simple Mind"

Have a nice day!

Slick......since when?? Did stating PERSONAL OPINIONS and PERSONAL EXPERIENCES....rank as being simple minded??
    AAAHHHhhhh.....when they dont jive with the Slick's opinions and experiences....
    So....let me get this straight here....just for future reference. The people on this forum....1500+....must agree with Slick....otherwise were "simple minded"??

Ok....simple it is!! Better that than the label of " :-X :-X :-X" which you seem to wear quite nicely :-*

Tony

ah.. only on discus board ... :-\ well actually it goes on everywhere in the world.

I'm sorry but I have to laugh at the strength of resolve we all show for the equipment in our tanks

.... whats better? cannisters have flaws, aquaclears seem to have less. I've never used fluval....I use magnum 350s, but I'll use what ever is availible.

Truthfully ..... what do you need either for? If you are doing the 30-50% wc a day that many here do... you don't need a mechanical filter...just bio.. and that can be a simple sponge.

at 50% a day, and ph in the acidic range , you might not even need that

sorry just rambling...trying to diffuse an issue.... carry on but please spill no blood... WE just had the carpets done here. ;D ;D ;D ;D

thanks,
    al

c'mon now.....I'z just playin'

:-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D :-* ;D

Registered Member

WHAT???????
    I can't believe this is still going on!!!
    I thought everyone knew the answer to this one!!

(this ain't no lie ;D)

I have a 2 acre pond stocked with native game fish. Last year after the spring rains the water was terribly muddy. I decided to see if I could clear it up. One evening I took a AC 500 and hooked it up on the edge of the pond and turned it on. By the next morning the water in the entire 2 acre pond was crystal clear. The filter had removed all the dirt from the water and the bottom -- turned it into concrete, mortar, and bricks -- and had built me a brick house right there by the pond. MAN, WHAT A FILTER!!!!!!!

(this ain't no lie either ;D)

Once I had a 200 gallon aquarium which housed only a single guppy. I decided to hook a fluval up to it. While I was hooking it up, the guppy swam to the side of the tank - took one look at the filter- and I swear he died right there on the spot out of sheer hopelessness!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Registered Member

you're nuts! pull those puppies out of the closet and fire them up! what are you talking about keeping hoses clean?

yes the hoses will turn brown over time, but so what! - the water coming out of them is filtered.

i really don't understand your point.

if you want to start off with "clean" hoses go to the store (i.e. hardware store - you have those up in canada?) and buy new ones. either that or bleach the ones that are currently on the filter.

later,

flogger

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast