AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: White worms collecting

Default White worms collecting

I started white worm culture 3 weeks ago. I see lots of them in the soil and around the food. What's the best way to collect them?? You can also give me all kind of tips for these white worms...ex. food. Thanks...

Default Re:White worms collecting

Flexie I use chop sticks to pick them up because there made out of bamboo. It seems to do less damage to the little guys!!!!! Good luck Jim & Diane

Registered Member

Jim,

What temp do you keep your white worms at? What do you feed them and how often? I just started 2 medium cultures last week. I have been feeding bread soaked in milk. They eat it but not like I thought they would.

Thanks,

Tim

White bread soaked in milk. Keep them at around 15 to 19 celsius maybe. Not sure. I want to know how to collect them.

Registered Member

hi just purchased a culture from the following website who give details on how to harvest the worms

http://www.livinglunch.co.uk/whiteworms.htm

have tried both methods and would recomend the can method

hope it helps

Registered Member

Hi,
    You can collect a handful, soil with worms and all and put them under a lamp or light source. The worms will form a ball inside the soil and after a few hours, you can remove the soil and the worms will be inside. hth.

Registered Member

Flexy,

Thanks for the info. Once I go their temp stabilized at 60F, they are much more active. The folks I got mine from send a small piece of glass just smaller than the container and say to place small amount of food under it and the worms will collect on it. At this point I just use really small tweezers to pick them off the glass.

Tim

I tried the glass last week, not too bad.

Ok I am new to this. Does anyone have an info as to where I can buy these in the US?