AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Food Schedule?

Real Name
    Tony

Default Food Schedule?

Okay let's see I've got 8 juvies that are about 2.5 months old and they want to constantly be eating, even thought their stomachs are huge and full. Is this normal and should I keep feeding them?

1 more piece of info: during the week I feed them before I go to work around 6:00am than get home and feed them again at about 3:50pm then by 4:20ish they are looking at me and heading for the top of the tank telling me " Feed Me, Feed Me". Well usually I feed them about 5 times between 3:50pm and 10:00pm when I go to bed is that okay and should I keep feeding them this way or can someone suggests something different??? any help is greatly appriecated.

T ???hx

Registered Member

Default Re:Food Schedule?

Tony,

It sounds to me like that schedule works. When my fish were little guys, they got a feeding when I got up, a feeding just before I left for work, my wife would give them 2 feedings of flake during the day. I would then feed them at 5:30PM, 8:00PM and 10:30PM. All with varying foods and keeping the amounts small to avoid digestive trouble.

John

Registered Member

Default Re:Food Schedule?

That sounds about right Tony. As long as they are eating well and have a good appetite, you are doing good. Just don't overfeed them when you do feed. I usually throw in one frozen cube or what they can eat in around 10 minutes. I try to feed the juveniles about 5 times a day. Once when I get up, at lunch then at 5, 8, 10:30. There are sometimes when they will beg 30 minutes after you feed them so you have to know when to turn them down. I'm really finatical. I will even feed them if I happen to wake up at 2 or 3am in the morning. Since I keep my lights on 24x7, they are usually up for a late night snack.