AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: breeding program

Default breeding program

Hi all
    I was reading the book Jim Quarles has" Success with Discus". And I was just curious about something. In his section on "Record Keeping" he talks about a record keeping program for the computers on breeding. Does anyone know of such a program? If so can it be downloaded? Or is this the CD that he made? Either way, I would like to know where and how I could get this pragram. I would like to keep better track of my breeding of the Angels as well as my Discus.
    Thanks In Advance
    Tom & Linda
    Angelfish World

Default Re:breeding program

Chad or John may be able to help you over at
    www.daah.info
    I believe they are working on several things that Jim had going on before he passed

HTH Randy

Hi Tom,
    There are many commercial programs availible for breeding programs in many species of animals. These programs cost money to purchase.
    If you have Microsoft excel on your Pc/mac you can easily generate similar spreadsheets. I work with data in excel all the time and would be happy to help you set up a spreadsheet that should help you out.
    You can also use MS access... or any other database software such as filemaker pro.

let me know if you are interested,

al

Brewmaster,
    That would be great . I have about 16 pairs of Angels. Some go back 2 or 3 generations. Like on the turquoise that I have been working on for two years now. It's hard to remember everything. And now with discus, I'm told that good record keeping is the main key to success. So, I need to keep beter records. I have got three pairs now, and lot more to pair off soon . I've tried to keep notes in a note book, but they don't do well when they get wet. I dont know why or how {lol}. I've only got about 90 tanks when all set up. I hope get get pictures of my fishroom soon.
    Thanks Tom & Linda